Jellyf is a character in Skyward Sword.
When Link first encounters Jellyf while searching for the Water Dragon Faron, she is initially afraid of him. As Link follows her through the water channel, she quickly becomes annoyed with him and swims between a wooden grate, believing that he cannot reach her now. However, Link manages to destroy the grate by spinning into it, to Jellyf's shock. However, after seeing Link's Water Dragon's Scale, Jellyf realizes the he is the emissary of the Goddess. Jellyf informs Link that Ghirahim had invaded the Lake and attacked Faron with his horde of monsters, wounding her in the process. However, she also explains that Faron is running low on Sacred Water needed for her recovery. She then implores that Link help Faron and guides him through Lake Floria's submerged tunnels to her lair.
Along the way, Jellyf assists Link by informing him of the Froaks and the Cranioc that patrol the way. At the very end of the waterway, Jellyf opens the door to Faron's dwelling by inserting her head crest into its lock as a key.
- Jellyf is the only Parella who is visibly different from her kind, being red instead of blue and having a larger head crest.
- Hitting Jellyf with an underwater dash while following her through Lake Floria will cause Rupees to fall out of her.
Jellyf's name is likely derived from or a shortening of jellyfish.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||Lidusa||From Medusa, the sub-phylum of Cnidaria|
Concept art of Jellyf from Hyrule Historia
- "Her name is Jellyf. She is the leader of the Parella race of aquatic creatures." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Ack! Another human! Ok, Ok... I just have to avoid eye contact and back away slowly..." — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Quit following me, pest! If you don't move along, I'll be forced to tell Her Excellence the Water Dragon about your little incursion!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Ha-HA! Didn't see that coming, did you? Yep, there's no way you're going to be able to follow me now! So, what now? Are you going to cry? If you think you can make it through, just go ahead and try!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "GAH! How is that even possible? I've never seen a human pull off a spin like that!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Wait... That's a Water Dragon's Scale! Does that make you the emissary of the goddess, like the Water Dragon said?" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Yeah, about that... It happened really recently. This weirdo came in here with a gang of monsters and went right after Her Excellence. My lady the Water Dragon is a fierce fighter, and, boy, did she gobble up most of those monsters in the first few seconds. Thing is, there were just so many of them! While she was distracted, the weirdo leading all those creatures managed to wound her." — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Shortly before your arrival, I was attacked by a pompous creature calling himself Ghirahim. I stood against this self-proclaimed Demon Lord, but I was wounded in the encounter." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "She's healing up now, but she says we don't have enough special water for her to make a full recovery." — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)