- Water Spirit redirects here. For the boss referred to as Water Spirit in pre-release materials, see Morpha.
|Attributes||Guardian of Greatfish Isle|
Guardian of Nayru's Pearl
|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
|Era||Era of the Great Sea|
Jabun is a giant fish known as the Water Spirit who used to live at Greatfish Isle. He can only speak Ancient Hylian. Before Greatfish Isle was destroyed, he sensed Ganondorf coming and fled to a cave hidden in Outset Island. Knowing of his whereabouts and seeking the third pearl, the King of Red Lions and Link sailed to his new home. Although Jabun at first hesitated to hand over Nayru's Pearl to one who had no connection to the Hero of Time, the Water Spirit relented and gave the final pearl to Link, leaving it up to the gods to test the true courage of the young hero. 
|Jabun (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|Birthplace: Greatfish Isle|
Jabun can only speak Hylian, so hardly anyone understands a word he says.
- His theme is very similar to that of the music played Inside Jabu-Jabu's belly in Ocarina of Time.
- Despite having lived on Greatfish Isle, his figurine is placed in the room of Outset Island characters, as he moves and stays there during the rest of the game.
- Jabun is based on an angler fish, as shown by his shape and the lantern on his head; he also resembles the Angler Fish enemies from Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages.
- Jabun recognizes the King of Red Lions as the King of Hyrule and greets him as such, although Link remains unaware because he cannot speak ancient Hylian.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker — Prima's Official Strategy Guide by Prima Games states that Jabun was once known as Jabu-Jabu. Given Hyrule Historia's claim that Jabun is more likely a descendant, this is not thought to be canon.
- Inside the files of The Wind Waker is an audio clip of a screaming noise Jabun was intended to make - while it is never used in connection to him in the final game, a sped-up version is instead heard after obtaining the Triforce Chart onboard the Ghost Ship.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Jabun||Same as English.|
- "A great water spirit named Jabun once lived here, but no sign of him remains..." — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker HD)
- "But fear not! Jabun was able to flee this island before it was attacked. He is in a safer abode now." — Quill (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 258 (TWW)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 127
- "You got Nayru's Pearl! The water spirit Jabun was kind enough to give you this jewel, a treasure of one of the goddesses!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "Promise? You suggest that I leave the fate of Hyrule up to mere chance?" — Jabun (The Wind Waker)
- "I see. Then I suppose it is up to the gods to deem whether his courage is true." — Jabun (The Wind Waker)
- "Well met, Hyrule King!" — Jabun (The Wind Waker)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker — Prima's Official Strategy Guide (Prima Games) pg. 26