Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Isle of Ruins
|Isle of Ruins|
The Isle of Ruins is an island found in the northeastern quadrant of the sea in Phantom Hourglass.
To dock on the Isle of Ruins, Link must dissolve a cyclone by obtaining the Regal Necklace from the Isle of the Dead. Odd in shape, the isle comprises numerous islands interconnecting with walkways, instead of just one piece of land. It is the location of the ancient Cobble Kingdom, and houses three pyramids containing the spirits of ancient knights, in addition to Mutoh's Temple. The water level can be lowered on this island, revealing more land. Properly exploring the isle might be difficult because of the many land levels. As Link explores the ruins, he must solve various obstacles and puzzles in order to gain entrance to Mutoh's Temple, where the Aquanine lies within.
At the entrance of the isle is a cave that must be explored in order to go deeper into most of the entire place. Southwest of the isle is a big maze, where certain stone tablets provide clues for a riddle whose solution opens the way to the aforementioned Mutoh's Temple. The pyramid of the third Cobble Knight, Bremeur, lies to the northwest. Inside, the island's water level can be lowered by using the King's Key to break the seal on the land. The pyramid of the second Cobble Knight, who is known as Doylan, is to the northeast, and, unlike the other pyramids, it's filled with numerous traps, including lances, rolling rocks, and a hidden hole in the floor, and enemies; but if Link survives them, he will receive the aforementioned King's Key. Finally, the pyramid of the first Cobble Knight, Max, lies to the south, and visiting it allows Link to gain part of the access to Mutoh's Temple.
Southeast of the third knight's pyramid is a cave housing a Spirit Gem.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||遺跡の嶋 (Iseki no jima)||Island of Ruins|
|FrenchCA||Ile des Ruines|
|German||Insel der Ruinen|
|Spanish||Isla de las Ruinas||Isle of the Ruins|
- "King Mutoh, the holder of the Aquanine, is not here. He is on the island that is guarded by a rock wall, the Isle of Ruins. You'll need that Regal Necklace to get there. That will calm the cyclone at the entrance, so that your boat may pass." — Brant (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I am the third knight, Bremeur. I defend the seal of the land." — Bremeur (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Meet the second knight, Doylan, who sleeps in the temple to the island's east." — Bremeur (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I am the first knight, Max." — Max (Phantom Hourglass)
- "To enter the great temple of King Mutoh, the sealed land must be resurrected." — Bremeur (Phantom Hourglass)
- "King Mutoh, the holder of the Aquanine, is not here." — Brant (Phantom Hourglass)
- "So you seek the pure metal to forge the sacred sword and slay a great monster...Our King Mutoh did have the pure metal you seek. But a monster entered his temple, awakening him from his sleep." — Bremeur (Phantom Hourglass)
- "To enter the king's temple, you must draw the secret crest on the corridor door. Discover the crest, and the great corridor door will open for you. You must solve the riddle written on the tablet in the corridor. I will open the entrance to the corridor. Now, be on your way..." — Max (Phantom Hourglass)
- "The tablets in the surface labyrinth... The crest will appear on the map of he who knows its secret solution." — Stone Tablet (Phantom Hourglass)
- "When the five stars are aligned, the crest shall be revealed." — Stone Tablet (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Take that key and return to the third knight, Bremeur. Release the seal and restore our kingdom to its rightful shape." — Doylan (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I am the protector of the key that keeps the land sealed! I am impressed you were able to clear the traps and monsters in this temple! I will not stop one who is trying to return the king to sleep. Take this King's Key." — Doylan (Phantom Hourglass)
|Regions in Phantom Hourglass|
Click on an area