Isle of Frost
|Isle of Frost|
The appearance of the Isle of Frost, as seen from the S.S. Linebeck.
|Item(s)||Treasure Map, Power Gem, Wisdom Gem|
The Isle of Frost is an island that appears in Phantom Hourglass. It is found in the southeastern quadrant of the ocean.
When Link first arrives, the isle is barricaded by massive, icy walls that he must use his cannon to destroy before he can dock. The Island is home to two races: the Anouki and the Yook. Despite bad blood between them, both were at peace with each other for 100 years, living on opposite sides of the island, until a Yook sneaked into the Anouki village, kidnapped a resident of the Anouki Estates and disguised himself as as the victim. Link must resolve this conflict through a series of interrogations, and then get the Azurine from the Temple of Ice.
After he clears the dungeon, it's revealed that the Yook were being mind-controlled by an evil force, and that they are actually quite friendly.
- "Hey! What's the deal with all this ice? We can't dock, Link! But I'm having one of my brilliant ideas! No, really! Do you see it already? Chart a course around the icy isle! We'll obliterate it all with the cannon!" — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "We Anouki and the Yook have been rivals for I don't know how long. I gotta be honest... I don't even know how it all started. But maybe that's how these tribal rivalries go, you know?" — Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Nobody thought the trouble between the Anouki and Yook was a good thing. So we Anouki and those hairy Yook got together 100 years ago... and entered into a little "peace agreement."" — Somewhat Smart Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "It's a peace treaty, you know... Peace... Peace is like............ I think it's like a piece of cake." — Somewhat Smart Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "We Anouki have got one enemy on this island. They're the Yook. There was a lot of bad blood between our ancestors. So 100 years ago, we made an agreement. The Anouki live in the west... And those hairy Yook live over in the east on the Great Ice Field." — Island Chief (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Was it fair? Yeah, it was fair. Yeah..." — Somewhat Smart Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Speakin' metaphorically, we got our moist, frosted hunk of cake to live on. And we generously gave the Yook the dry, unfrosted morsel of cake to the east." — Somewhat Smart Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "You, guy! Did you hear the big news? One of those hairy Yook has sneaked over here!" — More-or-Less Sensitive Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "That was the deal, but now some tricky Yook has snuck over here. And he's taken one of my villagers! Now he's pretending to be him and living with us! ...All comfortable-like!" — Island Chief (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Find the Yook who's impersonating a villager, and kick him OUT!" — Island Chief (Phantom Hourglass)
- "...Hey! How'd you figure it out? And I thought I had an amazing costume." — Yook (Phantom Hourglass)
- "That Azurine you're looking for should be in the Temple of Ice." — Island Chief (Phantom Hourglass)
- "OoooooOof... My head hurts. It's like my brain was being controlled by some evil force.. Now that I'm back to normal, I feel pretty guilty. This is sort of awkward... but, uh...sorry if I tried to eat you." — Yook (Phantom Hourglass)
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Ile du Gel||Isle of Frost|
|SpanishLA||Isla Nevada||Snowy Isle|
|Regions in Phantom Hourglass|
Click on an area