The palace's location
|Location(s)||Island in Central Hyrule|
|Game(s)||The Adventure of Link|
|Other media||Captain N: The Game Master|
|Quest Reward(s)||Placement of one of the Crystals|
The Island Palace is located in central Hyrule and is the third dungeon found in The Adventure of Link. Link visits this palace in his quest to deposit one of the magic crystals in the palace's sacred lectern, which is vital to unseal the Great Palace, recover the Triforce of Courage, and rouse Princess Zelda from her unnatural slumber.
Despite its early appearance in the game, the Island Palace is one of the most difficult to find. It's located on an island southeast from the Harbor Town of Mido, but it can't be accessed directly; Link needs to cross an underground cavern placed south from King's Tomb, and the only hint suggesting this comes from Error from the Town of Ruto (in addition, he won't tell Link about this at first). Even if Link knows how to reach the island, he still needs to learn the Fairy Spell in order to take the path properly.
It is the only architecture found in the southeast isle. It is made of red bricks and is inhabited by many Iron Knuckles of varying calibre as well as other enemies, notably a Moa. The palace has the unique property of having an exterior room aside from the usual entrance, wherein the main item, the Raft, can be found. This item is useful for travel overseas to the Eastern region of Hyrule. Deep within the palace, Link finds and defeats Rebonack, a powerful blue Iron Knuckle mounted on a floating mechanical horse and wielding a jousting lance.
As an indicator of the increased difficulty, the Iron Knuckle statue at the entrance to the palace will either yield a red Magic Jar or possibly a red Iron Knuckle. Previously, the statues in the last two palaces would always contain a red Magic Jar.
Minor Enemies and Traps
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||コジマノシンデン (Kojima no Shinden)||Islet Sanctuary|
- "I've got it! It's the Island Palace. I even know a shortcut through a secret tunnel." — Kevin (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 [12:02])
- "'The Golden Key to the Golden Door leads across to the island shore.'" — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- "I am the guardian of the Potion of Power!" — Iron Knuckle (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for Potion of Power )
- "Link, Kevin! They're stealing the Potion of Power!" — Princess Zelda (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
- "He's got Zelda! Okay, Kevin. Let's try it your way. This is going to take two of us." — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode 16 )
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location