Island Lobster Shirt
|Island Lobster Shirt|
50 Rupees (BotW)
15 Rupees (BotW)
Heat Resistance (BotW)
The Island Lobster Shirt, also known as the Island Outfit,(HWL | HWDE)[name reference needed] and the Outset Shirt,(HWL | HWDE)[name reference needed] is a recurring Item in The Legend of Zelda series. The Island Lobster Shirt goes unnamed in The Wind Waker.
Location and Uses
The Wind Waker
In the Second Quest, Link is instead gifted the invisible Hero's New Clothes, which he wears on top of the Island Lobster Shirt. This allows Link to instead continue in his adventure with special dialogue addressing Link's blue clothing instead of his standard green. Upon first meeting Link, Medli will comment on the color of Link's clothing and the "crawfish" design on them.
Breath of the Wild
The Island Lobster Shirt is a piece of Armor introduced in The Champions' Ballad DLC pack as part of the "EX Treasure: Garb of Winds" Side Quest. It is a priceless relic that was once kept safely within the walls of Hyrule Castle, but was later stolen by Misko. Misko hints at the whereabouts of the Island Lobster Shirt in Misko's EX Journal 2 in the Deya Village Ruins, claiming that it rests at the mouth of the Menoat River. The Treasure Chest housing the Island Lobster Shirt can be found in the water beneath the alcove at Cora Lake. In order to retrieve it, Link must use the Magnesis Rune to pull it from the water.
The Island Lobster Shirt is the same Shirt that Link wore at the beginning of his journey in The Wind Waker. When worn, it grants Link with one level of Heat Resistance. If Link sells the Island Lobster Shirt, he can later purchase it from Granté at Tarrey Town for 50 Rupees.
Link wearing the Island Lobster Shirt in promotional artwork for The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary
- "Island Lobster Shirt
The Hero of Winds once wore this shirt on the quaint island he called home. They say he wielded the wind to travel the ocean wide. It's a rather rare find." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wow! You really DO have blue clothes...with a picture of a crawfish on them!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Wow! You really DO have green clothes and a strange-shaped hat..." — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "I hid the six priceless relics I stole from Hyrule Castle in treasure chests... I shall write down their locations. -Misko" — Misko's EX Journal 2 (Breath of the Wild)
- "The blue garb of the hero who controlled the winds and traveled the ocean is where the Menonat River was born." — Misko's EX Journal 2 (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Hero of Winds once wore this shirt on the quaint island he called home. They say he wielded the wind to travel the ocean wide. It's a rather rare find." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)