Inside the Deku Tree
|Inside the Deku Tree|
The first basement floor of Inside the Deku Tree
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Main Item||Fairy Slingshot|
Gold Skulltula ×4
|Boss(es)||Parasitic Armored Arachnid Gohma|
|Quest Reward(s)||Kokiri's Emerald|
Inside the Deku Tree is the first dungeon of Ocarina of Time. It is the interior of the giant guardian of the Kokiri Forest. When it contracts a mysterious disease, Link must venture inside to destroy the Tree's scourge and to break Ganondorf's curse. It is infested with parasitic creatures, the main one being Queen Gohma. This dungeon contains the Fairy Slingshot.
Entrance to the Tree
The Deku Tree is found east of Kokiri Forest. To reach there, however, Link must show Mido, who is blocking the way, the Deku Shield and Kokiri Sword. After that, Link approaches the dying deity, who talks to him about his situation, and enters.
The Great Deku Tree contains five floors, of which three are over the surface and two are underground. The first three floors resemble a central circling room that, with the exception of the first floor, have branched rooms where Link can find various goods. The two basements are only accessible when Link jumps from a very high spot to the center of the first floor's entrance; most of the puzzles in these basements require Link to kill any enemy or destroy thick webs through the use of fire. The final puzzle appears in the form of three Deku Scrubs which must be defeated in the correct order (second in line, third in line, and first in line) to face the boss, Gohma. There is no mini-boss in this dungeon, although there are two individual Deku Scrubs in the dungeon, as well as the aforementioned group at the end.
In the Master Quest version of the game, besides the obvious change in the puzzles and Gold Skulltula locations, Gohma Larvae now appear all over the dungeon, along with Keese and some Big Deku Babas. There is a Business Scrub that sells a Deku Shield, and the Deku Scrub that reveals the code for accessing the boss's room is missing and has been replaced with a Mad Scrub. The slingshot and compass locations have been switched.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- OoT3D Big Skulltula Model.png
- OoT3D Deku Baba Model.png
- OoT3D Deku Scrub Model.png
- OoT3D Gold Skulltula Model.png
- OoT3D Gohma Larva Model.png
- OoT3D Spiketrap Model.png
- OoT3D Skulltula Model.png
- OoT3D Skullwalltula Model.png
- The sealed room in the basement of the dungeon containing the final Gold Skulltula does not appear on the map until it is visited, even after Link collects the Dungeon Map. This was fixed in Ocarina of Time 3D.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||デクの樹サマの中 (Deku no Ki-sama no Naka)||Inside the Deku Tree|
|ChineseSI||德库树长老的里面||Inside the Elder Deku Tree|
|ChineseTR||德庫樹長老體內||Inside the Elder Deku Tree|
|FrenchCA||Vénérable Arbre Mojo (OoT3D)||Venerable Mojo Tree|
|German||Im Deku-Baum||In the Deku Tree|
|Italian||Interno dell'Albero Deku|
|SpanishLA||Gran Árbol Deku (OoT3D)||Great Deku Tree|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 149
- "I have been cursed... I need you to break the curse with your wisdom and courage. Dost thou have courage enough to undertake this task?" — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "Now...listen carefully... A wicked man of the desert cast this dreadful curse upon me..." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "Eh, what's that?! Oh, you have a Deku Shield… And what's THAT?! Is that the Kokiri Sword?! GOOD GRIEF!" — Mido (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Please forgive me, master! I'll never do it again! If you spare me, I'll teach you something cool. You will never beat my brothers up ahead unless you punish them in the proper order.The order is... 2 3 1 Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?" — Deku Scrub (Ocarina of Time)
- "How did you know our secret?! How irritating!" — Deku Scrub (Ocarina of Time)