Ocarina of Time
Ingo appears as Talon's employee at Lon Lon Ranch in Ocarina of Time. During Link's childhood, Ingo is found working hard at the Ranch, though grumbles and moans about the laziness of his superior, Talon. Conversely, Ingo appeals to Ganondorf and is granted ownership to the Ranch during Link's adult era. He kicks Talon out of the Ranch and orders Malon to do the hard work while he charges Rupees in exchange for short Horse rides. Ingo will also challenge Link to a Horse race after he recognizes Link's skill for riding Horses. After losing the race, Ingo challenges Link to another race, promising to give him the Horse if he is defeated. He concedes defeat after Link defeats him again, but attempts to trap him and Epona inside the Ranch so that they can never leave. Link and Epona escape the Ranch by jumping over the fence. After this, Ingo's personality seems to have changed, and he is now grateful for the opportunity to work under Talon.
Oracle of Seasons
Ingo appears an easily agitated man who lives in Sunken City and collects Jars in Oracle of Seasons. To complete his vase collection, Ingo wants a Goron Vase, an object which was always refused to him by Biggoron. Link is required to get the vase from Biggoron and trade it for Ingo's dinner to continue the Trading Quest.
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Ingo is found in Lon Lon Meadows in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Other than giving Tingle a few tips, and allowing him to keep a Recipe he finds, he only serves a small role. Ingo mentions having a wife.
- Link's Awakening features a character similar in appearance known as the Cucco Keeper.
- Ingo's theme song, which can be heard when Link beats him in a horse race, is a slower remix of the horse race theme. It can also be heard in the Gorman Track in Majora's Mask.
- Ingo's appearance seems to be based on Luigi from the Super Mario series, whereas Talon seems to be based on Mario.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||インゴー (Ingō)||Same as English.|
|ChineseSI||印格 (Yìngé) (OoT3D)||Same as English.|
|ChineseTR||印格 (Yìngé) (OoT3D)||Same as English.|
|Korean||인고 (Ingo) (OoT3D)||Same as English.|
- "Oh, I have to tell you about Mr. Ingo... He was afraid that the Evil King might find out that Epona had been taken away... It really upset him! But one day, all of a sudden, he went back to being a normal, nice person!" — Malon (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 239 (OoT) & 250 (OoS)
- "I am Ingo and I mind the ranch. I've been working at this ranch for a long time for that lazy bum, Talon." — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "I can't believe that I, the great Ingo, am working on this dump of a ranch! Because the owner is so lazy, I always have to do to all the work around here! I, the hard-working Ingo, should be in charge, not that lazy bum, Talon!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "You're getting better! How about a little race with me? One lap around the corral with that horse. Let's make a little wager—say 50 Rupees?" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Sh-shoooot! If the great Ganondorf found out about this humiliation... Hey, you! How about another race? If you win... You can keep...the horse!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Hah ha hah! As I promised, I'll give the horse to you... However... I'll never let you leave this ranch!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Hi there, how are you? I am Ingo. I feel so honored to be allowed to work here." — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "Do you know of the Goron Vase? All collectors want to have it!" — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Shooot! That Biggoron! No matter how often I ask, he won't give me his vase! I'd give my dinner for it--Fish!" — Ingo (Oracle of Seasons)