We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Igos du Ikana
|Igos du Ikana|
King of Ikana Kingdom
|Dungeon(s)||Ancient Castle of Ikana|
|Reward(s)||"Elegy of Emptiness"|
Igos du Ikana is a mini-boss in Majora's Mask.
Igos du Ikana
Igos du Ikana is the long dead king of the Ikana Kingdom. Once Link defeats him, Igos will explain the source of Ikana's curse. He will then proceed to teach him the "Elegy of Emptiness," which is necessary to return true light to the land of Ikana. He is last seen during the ending credits.
His two lackeys were the best swordsmen of Ikana when alive. The First Lackey appears to Igos' left; he has a rounder, sturdier bone structure and a deep, growling voice. The Second Lackey has a narrower, leaner bone structure and a whiny, higher pitched voice. They wield Swords and are adorned with military headdress. The Lackeys are seen arguing again during the ending credits.
Characteristics and Weaknesses
The King's Lackeys fighting style is very similar to that of the Stalfos in Ocarina of Time. To defeat them, Link must burn the drapes that block the windows with Fire Arrows, letting the light in. He must cripple them with basic Sword techniques and then reflect a beam of light on them with the Mirror Shield when they are lying on the floor in order to destroy their bodies. The Bremen Mask is capable of causing them to march, leaving them open to an attack.
Igos du Ikana
The King will watch the first part of the battle from his throne, deflecting any attacks thrown his direction. If Link ventures near him, he will be kicked back into the midst of battle.
Igos can take off his head and chase Link while the rest of his body keeps attacking with the Sword. Link must watch out for the head when it comes off, as there is no way to counter it. If the flying head attaches to Link, it will latch on to his face, taking Hearts away. Thus, the best strategy is to try to avoid the head until it comes back to its body, which can easily be done by rolling in a large circle as Goron Link. Igos also can breathe deep purple flames as a mid-range attack. When he falls down on the ground, Link must shine the light on him using his Mirror Shield to defeat him.
- If Link wears the Captain's Hat while fighting Igos du Ikana, or runs up to him with it while fighting the others, he will mistake Link for Captain Keeta in a cutscene, but then quickly realize that it is a mask.
- The symbol that appears on Igos' brooch is a recurring symbol throughout the Ancient Castle of Ikana, as well as the Stone Tower Temple. It can also be spotted on the wall behind the Happy Mask Salesman inside the Clock Tower.
- Igos du Ikana and his Lackeys are the only enemies in Majora's Mask that require light to be shone on them but that are immune to Light Arrows.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||イゴース・ド・イカーナ (Igōsu do Ikāna)||Igos do Ikana|
|FrenchCA||Igos d'Ikana (MM3D)|
|German||Igos du Ikana|
|Italian||Igos d'Ikana (MM3D)||Igos of Ikana|
|SpanishLA||Igos de Ikana (MM3D)||Igos of Ikana|
- "You who bring light into darkness, I am the King of Ikana Kingdom, Igos du Ikana." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
- "It all happened after somebody thrust open the doors of that Stone Tower." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
- "To return true light to this land, you must seal the doors of Stone Tower where the winds of darkness blow through. But Stone Tower is an impenetrable stronghold. Hundreds of soldiers from my kingdom would not even be able to topple it. It is far too reckless for one to take on such a challenge. ...And so... I grant to you a soldier who has no heart. One who will not falter in the darkness." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
- "The spellbinding that had been cast upon us was broken by that light which you carry." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
- "Stick with using the basic target methods while defending. ...He's a different rank than those other two lackeys, though..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Don't look at me--I was once called the best swordsman in all of Ikana..." — Igos' Lackey (Majora's Mask)
- "Ohhh! Keeta! Is it not Captain Keeta?!? ...............But you're so... ...T-Tiny!!! I was nearly fooled by what you have done..." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)