We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Hytopia is the kingdom that serves as the setting of Tri Force Heroes. It is ruled by King Tuft and his daughter, Princess Styla. It is a very fashion-forward kingdom, and a prophecy in the kingdom tells of three heroes who will come together to form a Totem. The kingdom is connected with Hyrule.
Hytopia is a small city settlement which is situated directly in front of Hytopia Castle. It serves as the main hub world when the Links are not in the Drablands. It is aligned with several town houses, as well as numerous trees and a couple shops: most notably Madame Couture's, where people go to get Outfits tailored by Couture, as well as the Daily Riches shop and the Miiverse Gallery. Once Link has cleared the Woodlands Area in the Drablands, the Street Merchant will also arrive and set up a small stall, where he will sell and buy various Materials. Between the castle and the town's main square is a small waterway with a bridge. Link can dive into the water by climbing down a nearby fleet of stairs. Green Rupees can be found hidden beneath the bridge.
In the center of town is a stone statue fountain, known as the Tri Force Heroes Statue. This statue, which depicts three heroes forming a Totem and pointing a Sword skyward, is a monument to the Tri Force Heroes, the heroes of legend in the kingdom's prophecy. It is considered customary to give thanks to this statue. Doing so allows Link to save his game's progress anytime.
As a small settlement, Hytopia's town is home to only a handful of civilians. As the center place of high fashion, its residents regularly enjoy wearing stylish and unique clothes. After Princess Styla is cursed to wear an irremovable, ugly outfit by Lady Maud, a resulting panic sweeps through the town as its residents turn to wearing ordinary and unusual Outfits out of fear of being cursed as well. As a result of the panic, King Tuft begins a search for qualified heroes to hunt down the Drablands witch. A sign near Madame Couture's seeks out wanted heroes, and promises a great reward to anyone who manages to defeat the witch.
Link can leave the town by taking the southern gate, where a Guard keeps watch to ensure that no suspicious people leave. Link can speak with him whenever he wishes to leave town; doing so will save the game's progress and return to the title screen.
- In the north-east corner of town, there is a broken, forgotten Doppel that resembles Link.
- A coded message can be found on the southern wall of the east side of the waterway in town. It can only be read and decoded while wearing the Tri Suit or Linebeck's Uniform, and reads "IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY."
- Throughout the game, Princess Styla can occasionally be found hiding around town. The townspeople mistake her for a "black ghost," and hope to take a picture of her.
- Many pink and yellow birds are seen around Hytopia, but very rarely, a blue one can be found. The little girl, Mimi, hopes to take a picture of this bird, believing it to bring good luck.
- The tree to the south-east of town, when examined, is described to have many cicada shells on it. No other trees share this trait, and the Bearded Baron claims spotting this tree is an omen of good things to come. Following the 2.1.0 update, the number of cicada shells that appear reflects the number of Hero Points Link has.
Hytopia may be a portmanteau of "Hy" from Hyrule, in reference to its connection with it, and "utopia," an ideal or perfect place.
- "Once upon a time there was a kingdom called Hytopia. At the heart of this fashion-obsessed land was the lovely Princess Styla." — Narration (Tri Force Heroes)
- "The king is a firm believer in this legend, in this prophecy that exists within their kingdom, of three heroes that come together to form a totem. The king understands from this legend that describes the true hero as someone with these long sideburns and this particular hair style and these long ears. So the king from amongst these people is able to find the correct ones. The people who meet his conditions are the true heroes." — Jason Schreier, A Bunch Of Zelda: Triforce Heroes Questions, Answered, Kotaku, published June 24, 2015, retrieved September 29, 2015.
- "Hyrule and Hytopia are connected." — Tri Force Heroes developers, Most games in The Legend of Zelda series have a connection to Hyrule. Does the land of Hytopia connect to Hyrule in any way?, Facebook, published October 22, 2015, retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Hey! Didja know? Didja?! Ma says a Street Merchant is comin' to town! Mimi's gonna be the first in line, teehee!" — Mimi (Tri Force Heroes)
- "However!! I've been watching you. So I know you haven't given thanks to the Tri Force Hero statue yet. Not once! The heroes are Hytopia's guardians! They will surely keep record of all your doings, be they good or bad." — Bearded Baron (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Now then, boy! Go press A by the statue and give thanks. Raise your hands to the sky and go with the flow!" — Bearded Baron (Tri Force Heroes)
- "The worst part is that, ever since Princess Styla became cursed, Hytopia and its people have fallen into despair. Everyone is afraid of fashion now, lest they become cursed as well. Hytopia has never looked so drab..." — King Tuft (Tri Force Heroes)
- "They say the witch is going after fashionable people. Obviously, I have much to fear. That's why I've cut my stylishness in half. It's the most I can do." — Bearded Baron (Tri Force Heroes)
- "WANTED: TRI FORCE HEROES!! Do you have pointed ears, truly epic sideburns, and side-parted hair? If so, YOU may be a Tri Force Hero! Our kingdom needs such heroes to defeat the evil witch and lift the curse placed on Princess Styla. Whoever succeeds in this most noble of tasks will be rewarded to the fullest extent of my extensive power. So sayeth King Tuft, ruler of Hytopia!" — Sign (Tri Force Heroes)
- "There is a broken, forgotten doll. Hmm... It kinda looks like YOU! You gently wipe away the dust." — N/A (Tri Force Heroes)
- GameXplain, Mysterious Message CRACKED in Zelda: Tri Force Heroes!, YouTube, published October 23, 2015.
- "I found a tree covered in cicada shells! Most certainly an omen that something good will happen today." — Bearded Baron (Tri Force Heroes)