Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition
|Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition|
|Game(s)||Breath of the Wild|
|Location(s)||Dueling Peaks Stable|
The Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition is an event in Breath of the Wild.
The Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition is a race to tame and retrieve Wild Horses within a set period of time. At some point prior to Link's arrival at the Dueling Peaks Stable, Rensa and Tasseren participated in the first Competition. Tasseren took first place in the Competition by completing it in less than two minutes, and after years of practicing, Rensa secured second place by retrieving a Wild Horse in two minutes flat.
If spoken to, Rensa will brag about his achievement to Link before challenging the Hylian Champion to the second Horse-Taming Competition. If Link accepts, he will be tasked with taming a Wild Horse and returning with it to the Dueling Peaks Stable within two minutes, which activates the "Wild Horses" Side Quest. Upon his record being beaten, Rensa will reveal that the only competitors in the Competition before Link's arrival were Rensa's brother and himself. As a reward for beating his record, Rensa will gift Link a Purple Rupee, valued at 50 Rupees. After Link has beaten Rensa's record, he will not be able to participate in the Competition again.
If Link travels too far away from the Stable, Rensa will call to him and disqualify him from the Competition. While participating in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, Link cannot place the Travel Medallion, nor can he Warp to any Travel Gates or the Travel Medallion. Additionally, Rensa will also disqualify Link if he takes too long.
- "Hahaha! Breaking the two-minute mark is pretty tough, right? But don't be discouraged. I mean, it took me years of practice to place second in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "My record is two minutes flat, so you need to bring back a wild horse within that time. PREPARE FOR EXTREME TAMING!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "They're wild, so 'til you calm 'em, it's gonna be one crazy ride. But there's no feeling quite like taming a wild stallion! Trust me—I took second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "HEY! I saw that look you gave me! ... Fine! You don't believe me? Let's go, pal! You and me. Right here. Right now. You want to challenge the second-place Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition winner to a tame-off?! YOU GOT IT, MISTER!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Amazing! But...I can't believe you beat my two-minute record so easily... I mean, I won second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! To be fair, it was just my brother and I competing... Anyway, here's the purse for winning the second official Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! You earned it." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, where are you going?" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you go too far, then I can't record an accurate time. Could you try to stay at least somewhat near the stable?" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can't travel from here." — Sheikah Slate (Breath of the Wild)
- "Aaaaaand time's up! Aww, better luck next time..." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)