Hyrule Castle Town (Twilight Princess)
- See also: Hyrule Castle Town.
|Hyrule Castle Town|
Castle Town Central Square from Twilight Princess
Hyrule Castle Town is a location in Twilight Princess. It is a large settlement situated in front of Hyrule Castle, and is the largest and most populous settlement in Hyrule, as well as its capital. It is located in the center of the Lanayru Province.
Features and Overview
Hyrule Castle Town is divided into four sections: the West Road, East Road, South Road, and the Central Square, which connects all other three subsections. The entrance to Hyrule Castle is located north of the town center where Link must go through two sets of double doors to reach the castle's courtyard. All sections of the castle town, with the exception of the Central Square, have an entrance leading from Hyrule Field. Two back alleys connect the longitudes (east and west) with the southern part of the town, which can be used to avoid walking through the Center Square.
Throughout Link's quest, Hyrule Castle Town becomes an important location that the young hero must revisit often. Link first arrives to Hyrule Castle Town as a wolf while traversing through the Twilight-infested Lanayru Province, which has covered the castle town as well. Link follows Ilia's Scent to the capital and into Telma's Bar, where he finds her there and learns that she had found an injured Zora collapsed on the road, which Telma suspects may be related to the ongoing issue at Lake Hylia. Link goes to the lake where he eventually finds the Light Spirit Lanayru and is tasked with finding its Tears of Light, some of which are found in Hyrule Castle Town. Lanayru is eventually revived, restoring light to the entirety of the Lanayru Province, including the castle town. Link returns to town as a human, where he agrees to help escort Telma, Ilia and the injured Zora to Kakariko Village. He also later meets The Resistance at Telma's Bar, a cadre of vigilantes working to restore peace to Hyrule who help him gain access to the Desert Province and later help him find the Mirror Shards of the shattered Mirror of Twilight. It is also here that Link later finds clues to ultimately recover Ilia's memory.
Numerous people walk through the streets and Central Square of Hyrule Castle Town, although many of them are part of the background and cannot be talked to.
When Link first visits Hyrule Castle Town while Twilight covers it, he will not be seen as a result of the fog's effects, however running through town in wolf form while light is restored causes a public uproar. Soldiers soon appear to scare him off, although they will not attack Link. The soldiers will point their spears at him and follow his movements. They can scared off with a Spin Attack. Midna advises that the young hero does not change form until he leaves town, as to avoid an even bigger panic among the locals. If Link walks around Central Square as a wolf, Soldiers will gradually assemble to take care of the situation. If Link chooses to attack them, they will shiver even more, but unlike most civilians, they will not run away until Midna decides to frighten them.
- Main article: Central Square
The West Road's main attraction is the STAR Game, hosted by Purlo, where Link can win Quiver upgrades. Near the entrance of the West Road is Charlo, an old, bearded man who asks the young hero for donations for the sake of peace in Hyrule. If Link donates 1000 Rupees to Charlo, he will be awarded with a Piece of Heart.
The South Road serves as the market of Castle Town. The road's main street is populated by many food booths, ranging from fruit stands to bread stands. However, it also has other items for sale, such as flowers. Link however is unable to buy any of these items since an excuse is always brought up: the apples from another stand are always sweeter, the bread is too expensive, and no one is manning the flower booth.
Other than the food stands, the South Road has many locations of interest that Link can visit. Agitha's Castle is situated on the west portion of the South Road, where Link can bring Golden Bugs to Agitha to receive a Wallet upgrade as well as Rupees. Next to Agitha's Castle is the Fortune-Telling Mansion, run by Madame Fanadi, who offers to read Link's fortune for a price, whether it be telling him where to go next or showing him the location of a Piece of Heart that he has not yet obtained. On the other side of the South Road is one of the most important locations in the game: Telma's Bar. Link must continuously visit the bar to help him progress through his journey as the bar is the main hangout for the Resistance.
Jovani's House is also located in a small alley behind Telma's Bar. Link stumbles into Jovani's House as he, in wolf form, is trying to reach Princess Zelda in her chamber in Hyrule Castle. After defeating the Poe there, Link becomes tasked by Jovani to hunt the 60 other Poes and collect their Poe Souls so as to restore him to normal. Link can return to Jovani's house anytime by digging in a soft patch next to his door.
The East Road is one of the quieter areas of Castle Town since, presumably, it is where most of the townsfolk live. The only point of interest is Dr. Borville's Medical Clinic, located right before the gate leading to Hyrule Field. It is inside the office where Link obtains the Medicine Scent, which ultimately leads the young hero to retrieve the Wooden Statue.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||城塞都市ハイラル (Jōsai Toshi Hairaru)||Hyrule Walled City|
|FrenchEU||Citadelle d'Hyrule||Hyrule Citadel|
|Italian||Borgo del Castello||Village Castle|
- "People who have a lot of leisure time make better, more sincere listeners than those who are busily scurrying about." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "For the sake of peace in Hyrule... Would you please make a donation?" — Charlo (Twilight Princess)
- "You got some bread! It's hot and fresh from the oven! ...But it costs WAY too many Rupees, so you should put it back." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "You got a pretty flower! And the price is nice, too! ...But there's no one manning the shop, so you should put it back." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "You got a sweet-looking apple! It looks just ready to eat, too! Hmm... Hold on. It looks like the shop over there has some too, so maybe you should compare to see which ones are sweetest first." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Welcome to the fooortune-telling house, Fanadi's Palace... The fates swiiiiiirl about you, and only I can tell what they have in stooore... The dooor to the future will ooopen...for 10 Rupees!" — Madame Fanadi (Twilight Princess)
- "What hope there is in our kingdom is frail and dying...but there's still a group trying to do what it can. And I'm a member of that group. Call me Telma. I may just stay here a bit longer. I'm still worried about Ilia, and... Well, never mind about the rest. [Link], I want to see you again at my bar, you hear me? The bar is actually a kind of safe house for my friends. There's a passageway that leads to the castle from in there, as well." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "The only thing on this street is a doctor's office. See, there. Immediately before you get to the outer gate." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
|Hyrule in Twilight Princess|
|Click on a location|