Hudson is a carpenter who works for Bolson Construction, a company situated in Hateno Village in East Necluda. He can initially be found attempting to demolish Link's House under Bolson's orders. If Link offers to buy the house, Hudson will tell him to ask Bolson instead. If Link agrees to purchase the house from Bolson, Hudson will take a break underneath a tree nearby. There, he mentions that Link would be a great hire for Bolson Construction, but retracts the offer upon learning that Link's name does not end in "-son."
After Link speaks to Bolson and initiates the Side Quest "Hylian Homeowner", Hudson is tasked with the responsibility of leading the Bolson Construction expansion project in Akkala. Before he leaves, he waits for Link to say goodbye. He then tells Link that he is going to Akkala, far north of Lanayru and welcomes Link to visit. This begins the Side Quest "From the Ground Up", tasking Link with the responsibility of visiting and assisting Hudson at Tarrey Town.
- For some reason, conversations with Hudson are usually composed of simple sentences and single-word responses. Hudson himself speaks very directly with practically everything he intends to say being expressed in a single sentence.
- Hudson has unique dialogue for the occasion that Link does not wear a shirt, simply saying "Oh." in response.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hudson" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hello. [Who are you?] I'm a carpenter for Bolson Construction. Name's Hudson." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey. [What are you doing?] I'm knocking this place down. [Why?] 'Cause no one is living here. [Why?] The owner of this house took off. [Why?] Don't know. Maybe skipped town without paying the bills? [Oh.] Answered all your questions? [Yes.] Good. A lot has happened since the Great Calamity. Tough to keep track of it all. [Right.] For the first time since then, we're finally getting back on our feet. [Good.] So best of luck to both of us. [Yeah.] Yeah." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'll buy this place!] Can't help you. Ask the boss." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[What are you doing?] Taking a break. By the way... [What?] Are you gonna buy that house? [Yeah.] You're pretty studly, aren't you? [Uh...come again?] You'd be a great hire for our company... What's your name? [I'm Link.] Oh... Well, too bad. Can't hire you. [Why?] 'Cause your name doesn't end in "son." [Son?] The boss, Bolson, has a strict hiring rule: need a name ending in "son." No exceptions. [That's too bad.] "Builds team unity," he says. Anyway... You got some stuff to do, right? Should get going, then." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yeah? [What are you doing?] Taking a break. By the way... Did you buy that house? [Yes.] Impressive. You're just a pup. [Uh...come again?] Don't worry about it. Anyway... [What?] Looks like I've gotta head out and leave this place soon. [Why?] I've been transferred. [Transferred...] Mighta heard, but Bolson Construction is planning to expand big-time. [That's great!] Yeah, big expansion." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Where will you go?] Zora's Domain is north of here. We're going north of that, though. An area called the Akkala region. [That's pretty far.] Yeah...well. [Good luck!] OK then. Well... No time like the present, right? I should be getting on my way... If you'd like, you should come to the Akkala region and say hello. Well... Take care of yourself." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[That sounds tough.] That's right. It's tough." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)