Hovering across gaps
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
The Hover Boots are found within the Shadow Temple in the westernmost room of the first basement floor. The Lens of Truth can be used to see the room's entrance hidden behind a fake wall. They are obtained after defeating Dead Hand.
The Hover Boots allow Link to hover across gaps and over water momentarily. When equipped, they provide no traction, making Link slide when walking or running. Link can be propelled by gusts of wind to cross over larger gaps. The Hover Boots also prevent Link from sinking into the sands of the Haunted Wasteland and the Desert Colossus. They also prevent the platforms in the fire barrier section of Ganon's Castle from sinking.
- In Hyrule Warriors, Young Link momentarily uses winged boots for his sixth Strong Attack combo to move around quickly. These boots bear a resemblance to both the Hover Boots and the Pegasus Boots.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Bottes des airs (OoT3D)||Air boots|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 127 (OoT)
- "Hover Boots" — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "I can hear the spirits whispering in this room... "Look for the eye of truth..." That's what they are saying!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "You got the Hover Boots! With these mysterious boots you can hover above the ground. The downside? No traction! You can even use these to walk for short periods where there is no solid ground. Be brave and trust in the boots!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Here...I can hear the spirits whispering in this room..."Those who have sacred feet should let the wind guide them. Then, they will be led to the hidden path." That's what they are saying!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Only one who has sacred feet can cross the valley of the dead." — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "Allows you to float across gaps." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Bottes des airs
Portez ces bottes étranges pour léviter au-dessus du sol. Vous pouvez même marcher dans le vide quelques instants." — Inventory (Ocarina of Time 3D)