- Not to be confused with Horned Statuettes.
The Horned Statue is found along the path to Firly Pond in Hateno Village. Link can speak to Teebo to be guided to the Horned Statue's direct location, though Teebo has no knowledge of what the Statue is meant for. If Link prays to the Horned Statue, he will speak to him, promising wealth to anyone who can hear his voice. The Horned Statue will explain that he was once a person who made bargains by trading people's essences. The Goddess, Hylia, disapproved of his heinous dealings and smote him by trapping him inside the Horned Statue. He continues, saying that the people of Hateno Village have since abandoned him. Despite this, the spirit of the Horned Statue remained headstrong and chose to bide his time waiting for another person to make a deal with him.
The Horned Statue then steals a portion of Link's power, either in the form of a Heart Container or a Stamina Vessel. This initiates the Side Quest "The Statue's Bargain", tasking Link with the responsibility of getting back his stolen essence. In speaking to the Horned Statue once again, he assures Link that he hopes that they can share a long business relationship and offers to return the stolen essence in either the form of a Heart Container or Spirit Vessel for free.
Afterwards, the Horned Statue offers to exchange Link's essences for 100 Rupees per essence, which can then be sold back to him for 120 Rupees. This effectively serves as a 20 Rupee charge to reposition the upgrades to his Health or Stamina that he has obtained from Goddess Statues.
If Link attempts to sell his Health or Stamina beyond the default limitation, the Horned Statue will reject his request. Additionally, if Link tries to speak to the Horned Statue before he has received any blessings from Hylia, the Horned Statue will turn him away, instructing him to return with something to trade.
- In the German and Latin American Spanish versions, he says that he is a deity of life and strength.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The horned statue in Hateno Village took one of your containers! The only thing to do is talk to him and try to convince him to give it back." — The Statue's Bargain (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, mister! [What is it, buddy?] You'll never guess what I found! Wanna see? [Sure I do!] 'Kay! Follow me!" — Teebo (Breath of the Wild)
- "It looks kinda like the statue at the chief's house... What do you think it is?" — Teebo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ahhh... So there are some who still pay me homage. [You can talk?!] You don't say... You can hear my voice? [Yes.] Now, that is a surprise. What were you praying for? Long life? Wealth, like so many of your kind? Whichever it was, you came to the right place." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ahhh... So there are some who still pay me homage. [You can talk?!] You don't say... You can hear my voice? [No.] No, eh? Fa ha ha... If you say so. Just know that I'm willing to strike a bargain with anyone who can hear my voice." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "A dealer in life and power... That was me, once. Alas, my life-for-money bargains didn't sit well with the Goddess Hylia. She trapped me in this stone statue long, long ago. The villagers here call me the Horned Statue and don't even bother to wipe away the bird droppings." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "One would think years upon years of such treatment would have made me mend my ways... One would think wrongly. I have only been biding my time for the moment someone who can hear me appears. Someone such as you. But I've said enough. Now then, shall we strike a bargain? Then stay that way. No further action on your part is required." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "Fa ha ha... My touch is as subtle as ever... Note how I took that essence from you without leaving a mark." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "What's wrong, then? Have your prayers gone unanswered? [Give it back.] Fa ha ha... Did you think I'd deceived you? Perish the thought. I hope that ours will be a long and profitable relationship. So which will it be? As I may have mentioned once or twice, I'm a dealing in life and power. I can provide a valuable service to you. I take Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels from you...and then, for a price, return whichever of the two you like." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "You look skeptical. Not to worry. Money and life are all as one to me. If you're ready to begin, then first you must sell me either type of essence for 100 rupees. If you want to buy an essence back, the price rises to 120 rupees. Before you cry foul, know that you may choose which one I return to you: a Heart Container or a Stamina Vessel. I'm eager to help tamper with your essence anytime you want to return and pray here." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "You... Come to tamper with your essences, yes? [Yes, please.] I'm currently without any of your essences. Are you in the mood to sell? [Yes.] Which type of essence will you surrender to me?" — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "I don't see how you can reduce your Stamina Vessels any further." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "I don't see how you can reduce your Heart Containers any further." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "What's this? You haven't received even one more Heart Container or Stamina Vessel? Such a pity... I was eager to help you with a minor transaction. But not if you have nothing to trade. Consult a Goddess Statue to improve yourself, and then return here to pray." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ich... Ich bin eigentlich eine Gottheit des Lebens und der Stärke." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hace mucho tiempo, yo era una deidad que otorgaba vida y poder." — Horned Statue (Breath of the Wild)