|Location(s)||Ukuku Prairie (LA)|
|Use(s)||Trading for the Pineapple (LA)|
|Comparable Item(s)||Bee Larva|
Courser Bee Honey
Beehives,(MM3D) also known as Honeycombs,(LA) are recurring items and objects in The Legend of Zelda series. Beehives go unnamed in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Skyward Sword.
Location and Uses
The Honeycomb is the sixth item in the game's Trading Sequence. It is obtained after giving Tarin the Stick, who can be found near a beehive in Ukuku Prairie after Link retrieves the Sea Lily's Bell from the Key Cavern. Tarin uses the Stick to knock down the beehive for its honey, but is chased away by the angry Bees, leaving behind the Honeycomb that Link instead takes.
The Honeycomb is then traded to the Chef Bear in Animal Village, who needs it for a dish she is preparing, and gives Link her Pineapple in exchange. The Chef Bear also gives useful information after receiving the Honeycomb, telling Link that Marin's song can awake the sleeping Walrus at the entrance to Yarna Desert. This advice is essential to progress through the game, as Marin will only accompany Link to the Animal Village after trading the Honeycomb.
Ocarina of Time
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 127(LA)
- "Field, #3: Beehive Hole" — Vision (Majora's Mask 3D)
- " became the honeycomb ! You're not sure how it happened, but take it!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Rik'm rak'm! I ran out of ingredients! If I had honey, I could make this fit for a king!" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hi ho! Yeah, I know, that tub of goo is asleep right in the way to Yarna Desert! Once he's asleep he won't budge for a loooooonng time. But hey! Take Little Marin and wake him up with her song! That slob would wake up with a jump if he heard her sing, for sure! Heh heh heh!" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
|Link's Awakening Trade Sequence|
|Yoshi Doll > Ribbon > Dog Food > Bananas > Stick > Honeycomb > Pineapple > Hibiscus > Letter > Broom > Fishing Hook > Necklace > Scale > Magnifying Lens|