Island Chief (PH)
Link seeks out Honcho for information on the location of the Snow Sanctuary and its Lokomo sage, Steem. At first, Honcho refuses to give Link the information as he is too busy setting up a village watch to patrol for the monsters that began to appear ever since the Spirit Tracks vanished. He will tell Link everything if he is able to find a patrol partner for each villager, so he gives the young hero the task to pair up all of the Anouki, who are extremely picky when it comes to who they want as partners; Honcho mentions that he is happy to pair up with "any old Anouki". Link must then talk to each of the Anouki, to figure out their preferences and pair them up accordingly.
Once Link shows Honcho his findings, he will be grateful to the young hero and unlock the path leading to the Snow Sanctuary. However, he warns Link about a "ginormous monster" that appeared in the tunnel to the Sanctuary, telling him to be careful.
Later on, Honcho departs Anouki Village temporarily, during which time another villager pretends to be Honcho. Link can bring a Goron, who wishes to live in a colder climate, to visit the Village during this time. The pretend Honcho then lets the Goron live in Honcho's house, much to the dismay of the real Honcho, who returns to find that he is homeless.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Not only am I the honcho of this here little village, Honcho's my name!" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- "If you're lookin' for the honcho of this place, you're starin' right at him! Whazzat? You ain't lookin' for the village honcho?" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 288
- "...Honestly, though, when those tracks disappeared, us Anoukis were shocked. Not only were the tracks gone, but monsters started poppin' up too! We're in a real bind now! There's danger around every corner! So I don't really have time to yak it up about goin' to the Snow Sanctuary." — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- "But I might be able to chat more if you'd help this old- timer organize some teams. What do you say, pal?" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- "Ya think you're up to the task, buddy? Yeah, ya got a real capable look to ya. Well, do your best, but don't get worked up if the goin' gets a little tough! See, most of the villagers are a little picky about who they'll partner up with. Pairin' them off is gonna be a pain, but I think ya got it under control. Talk with folks in town, and come tell me when you've found the best pairings!" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- "Technically speakin', the tunnel that goes there is still intact... But no one's used it since that ginormous monster moved in a few years back. See, us Anoukis are thinkers, not monster fighters. But I can tell you're cut from different cloth than us! Sturdier cloth! Sure, the tunnel to the Snow Sanctuary is scary, but you can handle it! Here's the entrance. If ya decide to use it, be careful in there, OK?" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)