Home of the Wind Tribe
|Home of the Wind Tribe|
Features and Overview
The Home of the Wind Tribe can first be accessed (albeit in a limited capacity) after Link obtains the Kinstone Bag and Fuses Kinstone Pieces with Strato in Hyrule Town. This will cause a Portal to appear near Link's House in South Hyrule Field.
Several members of the Wind Tribe reside in the tower, though Strata blocks the entrance leading out to the Cloud Tops and Flurris blocks the stairs leading up to the Palace of Winds. Gregal is lying in a bed on the second floor, haunted by a Ghost. If Link uses the Gust Jar to defeat the Ghost, Gregal will begin to recover.
As long as Link accomplishes this before arriving at the Home of the Wind Tribe via Veil Falls, Gregal will be alive and well, thanking Link and rewarding him with the Light Arrow. If Link arrives and Ezlo comments on the Home of the Wind Tribe without the Ghost being defeated, Gregal will pass away, and the Light Arrow becomes unobtainable.
After Fusing Kinstone Pieces with the Source of the Flow at Veil Falls, Link traverses the Cloud Tops and can enter the Home of the Wind Tribe from its front entrance. The upper floors become available, and Siroc will grant Link access to the Tornado on the roof that will take him to the Palace of Winds.
- The Home of the Wind Tribe was referred to as the Tower of Winds in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc.. However, as this contradicts the name given in Encyclopedia, it is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 272
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 69
- "Nobody believes me, but I saw a ghost that has taken hold of Granddad!" — Flurris (The Minish Cap)
- "What? An evil spirit had taken hold of me? And you drove it away? You... You might be right!... I can already feel my energy returning!" — Gregal (The Minish Cap)
- "Oh, it's Link! Thank you for your help earlier! I've got something else good for you, so here, please take it!" — Gregal (The Minish Cap)
- "Surface dwellers are not permitted to enter our palace, but you are special. You may continue to the roof." — Siroc (The Minish Cap)
- "There is a tornado atop this house. Enter it to go to the Palace of Winds." — Siroc (The Minish Cap)
- "We of the Wind Tribe are very skilled at finding Kinstone pieces. So skilled in fact, that we have more of them than we can manage! We can't even store them all. I wish someone would take a few from us." — Flurris (The Minish Cap)