Hino is an inhabitant of Hyrule who can be found near the Dueling Peaks Stable. When approached, he reveals to Link that he has thoroughly researched the event known as Blood Moon. Should Link reveal that he knows nothing about the Blood Moon, Hino will tell him that in some nights, the moon rises blood-red and, at midnight, revives all monsters that have been defeated thus far. However, he admits that he has no idea why this is happening. He tells Link to come back and tell him should Link find any information on what exactly causes the Blood Moon to rise. Unfortunately, it is not possible for Link to do this, even if the very first Blood Moon has already happened before Link first meets Hino.
If Link turns up at Dueling Peaks Stable during a Blood Moon, he will witness Hino running around, utterly deranged. If Link talks to him during the Blood Moon, Link may see Hino growling, basking in the color of the moon, claiming that his blood is boiling, and reveling in the revival of the Monsters.
In addition to information on the Blood Moon, choosing the option "Tonight's moon?" will prompt Hino to tell Link what phase the Moon will be in that night, with some commentary. This can also be used to get some advance warning that the coming night will be a Blood Moon, as he has a unique line about that as well before the Moon becomes visible in that area.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hino" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've been doing rigorous research day and night to figure out the mystery of that blood moon." — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Blood Moon?] Whenever the clock strikes midnight on unlucky nights, the sky turns blood red. That's the blood moon. When that happens, monsters come back to life, no matter how many times you've defeated them. It's happened for so long now that no one really pays it any mind, but I have no plans to give up on my research." — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "Why do the monsters return to life? Why does it only happen when the sky turns red? No one really has the answers to those questions. It's a mysterious phenomenon..." — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you learn anything about the blood moon as you travel, be sure to come back and tell me." — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "Here...it...COMES!" — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "BLOOD!" — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "Gr...gr...gr..." — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's...so...RED! So gloriously RED!" — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "My blood...it's boiling!" — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "Arise, monsters!" — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Tonight's moon?] I'm getting that feeling again... Something is going to happen tonight. I can taste it!" — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Tonight's moon?] Tonight is the blood moon, at last..." — Hino (Breath of the Wild)