Channeling Hestu's powers
Location and Uses
Hestu's Maracas are Key Items belonging to Hestu. When Link first speaks to Hestu, he explains that a band of Bokoblins stole his Maracas from him, and pleads for Link to help him retrieve them. This initiates the Side Quest, "The Priceless Maracas".
Hestu's Maracas are hidden in a Treasure Chest behind a rock archway along the road south of Kakariko Village. In order to open the Chest, Link must slay the Bokoblins guarding it. Upon Link returning to Hestu with the Maracas, Hestu will recognize them and request that Link return them to him. However, Hestu realizes that the Korok Seeds inside his Maracas are missing, and begrudges the fact that without them he cannot help to expand Link's Inventory. Hestu reasons that the Korok Seeds must have been removed as a prank from his fellow Koroks and begs Link to retrieve his Seeds in return for expanding the Hylian Champion's Inventory.
There are a total of 900 Korok Seeds that Hestu needs to fill his Maracas, though Hestu can only use 441 of them to channel his Inventory-expansion powers through his Maracas. According to their description, Hestu has owned his Maracas since he was two years old.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Maracas de Noïa||Hestu's Maracas|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hestu's Maracas
Hestu's beloved maracas. He's been shaking them since he was two years old." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Those monsters over there stole my beloved maracas!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "I think they're still there on the other side of those rocks." — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't use my powers without them. Shoko... So please! PLEASE get my maracas back from them!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "SHALA-KALA! Those are... Those are my maracas! Please giiiiiive them to meeeeeeeee!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "♪SHAAAAAA-LAAAAAH-KAAAAAAH!♪ But wait! There's something wrong with my maracas! The Korok seeds inside are gone! How am I supposed to dance now? Shoko... If I had just one Korok seed, I could sing, dance, and use my powers to help you. You see, I have the power of inventory expansion! So let me know if you find some Korok seeds!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "The children of the forest must have taken the Korok seeds from my beloved maracas. I never thought I'd be the target of one of their pranks. Shoko... *sniff* But wait... *sniff sniff* Do you have a Korok seed?! You do! You got a Korok seed from one of the forest children! If you'll give me just one Korok seed, I'll make your inventory bigger in return!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hestu's beloved maracas. He's been shaking them since he was two years old." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)