Hero of the Four Sword
|Hero of the Four Sword|
Hero of the Four Sword
After the events of The Minish Cap, Vaati had been defeated with the newly forged Four Sword and had been presumed dead. However, Vaati once again arose and began terrorizing Hyrule. Unlike the deceptive and patient sorcerer he had been in The Minish Cap, Vaati used brute force to defeat the kingdom's knights and kidnap girls from the villages. In response, the Hero of the Four Sword arose to challenge Vaati's evil.
The origins of the Hero of the Four Sword are mysterious, as is his acquisition of the Four Sword. Appearing when Vaati was already wreaking havoc, the Hero knew how to use the Sword's unique powers. Whatever his origin, the hero sought to defeat Vaati, and succeeded in doing so by trapping the sorcerer in the Sword.
In the Hyrule Historia guidebook, this hero is given the title of the "Hero of the Four Sword" and is not the same hero who appears in The Minish Cap or Four Swords, but is instead another hero who appears in between the two games. He is described as as someone about whom little is known, but he appears to be the descendant of the hero who previously defeated Vaati in The Minish Cap. The Hero of the Four Sword is the second hero not identified with Link to wield the Picori Blade (in its original or reforged forms), after the Hero of Men, who appeared during the War of the Bound Chest.
- "Long ago, in the kingdom of Hyrule, there appeared a Wind Sorcerer named Vaati. Vaati could bend the wind to his will and used this awful power to terrorize many villages of Hyrule." — Prologue (Four Swords)
- "In his assaults on the villages, Vaati would kidnap any beautiful girls who caught his fancy. Many knights from the castle and other brave men set out to subdue the sorcerer and rescue the girls, but each one fell in turn to Vaati's awesome power." — Prologue (Four Swords)
- "Just as the people had begun to lose hope, a lone young boy traveling with little but a sword at his side appeared." — Prologue (Four Swords)
- "The young girls told a story of how with just a wave of his sword, the boy's body shattered into four pieces, each of which then formed a complete copy of the boy." — Prologue (Four Swords)
- "When this boy heard what was happening, he said only, "I will defeat this sorcerer." He boldly entered Vaati's palace, mystically trapped the evil sorcerer inside the blade of his sword, and returned the young girls to their villages." — Prologue (Four Swords)
- "The boy then went deep into the forest and disappeared." — Prologue (Four Swords)
- "The villagers asked the girls how a boy so young could have saved them all and defeated the sorcerer when no one else could." — Prologue (Four Swords)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||フォーソードの勇者 (Fō Sōdo no Yūsha)||Hero of the Four Sword|