Location and Uses
The Wind Waker
Link receives this set of clothes very early on in his adventure in The Wind Waker. It was customary for the young boys of Outset Island to don a green tunic in honor of the Hero of Time upon reaching a certain age. They were especially made for Link by his Grandmother for his birthday and were designed and suited to look like the Hero of Time. As Link wears these, some characters will come to realize a feeling of nostalgia and mistake him for the Hero of Time, while others will think the outfit is old-fashioned.
In Twilight Princess, once Link returns the light to the Faron Province after collecting the Ordon Shield and Ordon Sword for Midna, he is given the Hero's Clothes by Faron. Faron notes that the Legendary Hero once wore these clothes, a treasure kept by the Spirits of Light, and that it was only fitting that Link don the clothes as well, as his successor. The Hero's Clothes also possess some visual differences from past incarnations; they are similar to what is worn in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but with some add-ons. Underneath the green is a chainmail shirt, and the garb also possesses two small pouches attached to the belt. The fabric of the tunic and hat has stitches and seams, unlike the seamless formation of all previous tunics, and the boots and undergarments of the tunic have things such as buckles, small holes, and other indications of wear-and-tear and hurried craftwork.
The Hero's Clothes appear in Breath of the Wild as amiibo exclusive Armor Sets. By scanning either the Super Smash Bros. series Toon Link amiibo or the Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary series Toon Link amiibo, Link has a chance of obtaining the Wind Set from a Treasure Chest. Also by scanning the Super Smash Bros. series Link amiibo, Link has a chance of obtaining the Twilight Set from a Treasure Chest.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 127 (TWW | TP)
- "On a certain island, it became customary to garb boys in green when they came of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspired to find heroic blades and cast down evil. The elders wished only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend..." — Introduction (The Wind Waker)
- "Time certainly flies... I can't believe you're already old enough to wear these clothes. Don't look so disappointed, dear one! Just try them on. Today is a day to celebrate! It is the day that you become the same age as the young hero spoken of in all the legends. You only have to wear them for one day, so don't look so down. Be proud, child!" — Grandma (The Wind Waker)
- "I must apologize. I was in error. I saw your clothing, and suddenly I felt a longing for an age gone by... That longing caused the ancient tongue to pass my lips." — Great Deku Tree (The Wind Waker)
- "Wow. What's with that get-up?" — Tetra (The Wind Waker)
- "Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you." — Faron (Twilight Princess)