Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Advanced Template making
- I took your suggestions to other staff members, we found this page which could be useful for the time being. A template help guide would be very complicated. But that's not to say we aren't up to the challenge. I'm currently formatting a help guide for tables, and I'll look over Neo's guide to html. (in addition to the regular duties here-plus another off-wiki guide on the admin tools) phew... User:Axiomist/sig 02:11, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yes. It's all the same.
- And Axi, I'm pretty much including a lot about templates in the guide. However, once I'm done, I'll write up a template guide alongside the staff. I know tons about making those babies.—Justin(Talk) 04:04, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
Things to be added
- Interwiki Policy
- HTML Help
This needs to be added to the HelpGuides template and the Help:Contents page. The page is already added to the wiki, it just needs linkage.
- REDIRECT User:Cipriano/sig 06:29, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
1 or 2 things that should be added (or are there but aren't obvious finds)
Just thinking that what we whould add is a page containing all usable fonts on this wiki (and if there is then where is it?) Also, this I'm not protesting in but, maybe a page that has a colour pallete on it that could give users a sample of what there selected colour might look like (cause i know it changes from wiki to wiki). SMASHBROTHER101 09:19, 6 February 2011 (EST)
- Smashbrother, the font idea is very ingenious and sounds like something that many users would use. The only issue with fonts is that there is a disconnect between which browsers are compatible with certain fonts. Basic fonts such as Helvetica, Times New Roman, and Courier are compatible with all by default, but when you get into the more obscure ones like Stop, Slant, and Gothika, only certain browsers and sometimes certain wikis are not compatible and instead convert the font to a default, such as Arial. It's definitely something I and the staff will look into, though - great idea! :) As for the color palletes, that's another good one, and much easier to make. Both sound like they'd end up in the Signatures section of the Help Guide. Great ideas! User:Cipriano/sig 01:34, 21 February 2011 (EST)
I have been reading through this and am kinda lost I have done some minor editing and filled out a section that was a stub but I would like to build my user page and just don't know where to start, if anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Theif 1 (talk) 06:40, 29 May 2011
- I know you were lost two years ago, but I'm feeling your pain. I've been trying to figure out a way to start a discussion topic that can be seen by anyone viewing the site, but I've yet to figure out where to add a page or even what category to place the article in. I've been to a lot of wikis but this one isn't very user friendly. --Koreiryuu 02:46, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sorry that you feel that way, but those topics are more or less covered in our Wanted pages and our Categories page.
- However, if neither of those help, please don't hesitate to message either me or another active staff member. For general, minor issues, you could also try the Milk Bar, or if you feel like we're lacking something by not being user-friendly, you can make a suggestion at Hyrule Castle. - TonyT S C 07:05, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
Image Header thing
I noticed that the image header thing on this page uses Zelda wiki.org instead of just Zelda Wiki, like the other image header things say. I'm pretty sure we changed that name a while ago, so I think this should probably be fixed --Planetbox (talk) 17:51, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- That's a good point. The name change happened years ago back before I was even staff. We'll take a look into changing the image to show the proper name. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!User:Justin/sig 11:18, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- Edit: Done. If it doesn't show up, clear your cache.User:Justin/sig 11:36, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
I was initially thinking that we should add back some of the help pages here, e.g. the HTML page, as well as update/clarify some things. One of which is the class "messagebox", for which I cannot find any css or js that uses it, and there's no explanation why it is needed or when. (Zelda Wiki's current search function is shocking sometimes, e.g. when I messagebox, it can't find Template:HelpGuides even when it's on the second line of wikitext, but it does find some of the other templates where it is on the first line - I don't understand why it's like that).
Here's a list of all Help pages, from the Special Page, for convenience: Special:AllPages