In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|Image edit request and support center
Welcome to Zelda Wiki's Help Guide! Here, we hope to be able to answer any questions you may have regarding using and editing Zelda Wiki.
Any suggestions for extra information to add to the guide can be placed here. Thanks!
If you cannot find what you're looking for, why not ask the staff? Jump in there if there is a section of the Help Guide you cannot find, or there is a topic you feel hasn't been given enough justice.
Well-rounded editors are proficient in many tasks. To become one, you must first:
- Get started writing articles, creating edits, and using basic coding.
- Learn to locate, add, and cite sources in articles.
- Upload files to the wiki and implement them in articles.
- Understand the purpose of protecting pages.
- Use tight redirects when linking pages together.
- Learn how to use Discussion Pages to the benefit of the wiki.
- Implement existing templates and learn to make your own. This list of formatting templates should be of great use.
- Use the wiki's canon policy to discern between canonical, ambiguous, and non-canonical material.
- Practice proper editing etiquette when dealing with users, discussions, and editing disputes.
- Actively participate in the nomination and voting of Featured Content.
- Ask about the technique required in contributing to Nintendo articles.
- Figure out why images are deleted in accordance with other image deletion policy.
- Learn how Zelda Wiki interacts with other Zelda wikis using our unique inter-wiki policy.
- Master the quality standards of an article by maintaining, contributing, and creating content.
- Understand the limitations and privileges provided to user accounts.
- Successfully learn to archive Discussion pages when they grow too large.
- Become a master of article reorganization, and give the gift of reading ease and beauty to the wiki.
- Break open the secrets behind making a cool custom signature.
- Find out how to proficiently merge two or more pages into one.
- Boldly consider moving pages that require a new, or more relevant title.
- Step up to the plate and grasp the concept behind patrolling edits. (Patrollers, Admins, Bureaucrats)
- Understand the coding behind implementing tables in articles.
- Ask about how to make a unique navigation header for your userpages.
- Put your best theory to the test by submitting a WikiExclusive to Zelda Wiki.
- Get to know your friendly and supportive administrative staff.
- Learn what you can and cannot do as a user in Zelda Wiki's narrow, transparent hierarchy.
- Read about our GNU Free Documentation License, and more.
- Use all resources available to you, including this wiki's Glossary, in order to further your wiki experience.
|Uploading and adding images|
Other Help Resources
If you have any other questions not answered in this help guide, please see Zelda Wiki's Discussion Center.