The town is located in a desert just north of the King's Tomb, and near the Port which is the gateway to Eastern Hyrule. The Hammer must be obtained in order to clear the rocks that obstruct the path to the town of Mido, otherwise Link must travel the long path through Death Mountain to get there.
Inside Mido's church lives a powerful Swordsman who teaches Link the Downward Thrust move. However, the main door is locked from the inside, so Link uses the Jump Spell to reach the church tower and enters through its open door. The swordsman at the end of the basement passes on Link's new skill upon talking to him.
An elderly woman also approaches Link and asks for his help in saving her sick daughter. The Water of Life, which is needed to recuperate the health of the mother's child, is found in a cave in Moruge Swamp blocked by a boulder. After returning the medicine to the old woman, she rewards Link by allowing him inside her house and letting the young hero meet an Old Man, who teaches him the Fairy magic in return.
- Chronologically speaking, it is possible that this town was named after Mido, the Kokiri elder from Ocarina of Time.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese|| ミドの町 (Mido no Machi)
ミナトマチミド (Minato Machi Mido)
| Mido Town|
Harbor Town Mido
|French||Ville de Mido|
- "Mido Town" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 108 (TAoL))
- "WHEN YOU JUMP PRESS DOWNWARD TO STAB." — Swordsman (The Adventure of Link)
- "PLEASE. MY DAUGHTER IS SICK. HELP HER!" — Old Woman (The Adventure of Link)
- "THE WATER OF LIFE! QUICK COME WITH ME." — Old Woman (The Adventure of Link)
- "THIS MAGIC WORD WILL GIVE YOU POWER." — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location
|Towns in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link|
|Rauru Town · Ruto Town · Saria Town · Mido Town · Nabooru Town · Darunia Town · Old Kasuto Town · New Kasuto Town|