The town is located in a desert just north of the King's Tomb, and near the Port which is the gateway to Eastern Hyrule. The Hammer must be obtained in order to clear the rocks that obstruct the path to the town of Mido, otherwise Link must travel the long path through Death Mountain to get there.
Inside Mido's church lives an Hylian Knight who teaches Link the Downward Thrust move. However, the main door is locked from the inside, so Link uses the Jump Spell to reach the church tower and enters through its open door. The swordsman at the end of the basement passes on Link's new skill upon talking to him.
An Old Woman also approaches Link and asks for his help in saving her sick daughter. The Water of Life, which is needed to recuperate the health of the mother's child, is found in a cave in Moruge Swamp blocked by a boulder. After returning the medicine to the old woman, she rewards Link by allowing him inside her house and letting the young hero meet an Old Man, who teaches him the Fairy magic in return.
- The town church's steeple is topped by a white cross in the original Japanese version of the game. In subsequent releases, this is replaced by an addition to the roof adorned by a black cross of a different shape.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ミドの町 (Mido no Machi)
ミナトマチミド (Minato Machi Mido)
Harbor Town Mido
|French||Ville de Mido|
- This is according to the in-universe chronology, where The Adventure of Link precedes Ocarina of Time.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 108 (TAoL)
- "HARBOR TOWN OF MIDO" — Sign (The Adventure of Link)
- "WHEN YOU JUMP PRESS DOWNWARD TO STAB." — Swordsman (The Adventure of Link)
- "PLEASE. MY DAUGHTER IS SICK. HELP HER!" — Old Woman (The Adventure of Link)
- "THE WATER OF LIFE! QUICK COME WITH ME." — Old Woman (The Adventure of Link)
- "THIS MAGIC WORD WILL GIVE YOU POWER." — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link/Regional Differences, The Cutting Room Floor, retrieved January 23, 2020.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse) pg. 61
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location