The Handprint as seen in the book
|Use(s)||Frees Link from the Crystal when used with the Magnifying Glass and the Magic Honey|
Princess Zelda can only obtain the Handprint if she decides to go into the town square of Town of Ruto instead of heading off to the Beekeeper's Hut. After defeating a Darknut at the entrance of the tower, Zelda climbs a set of stairs and comes out at the very top of the spire to find herself above Ruto Town. The princess begins to think that the Darknut was there for a reason, and that it must have been guarding something important. Just then, she sees a Handprint pressed into the stone near the battlement. Realizing that it's Ganon's mark, she thinks of the riddle in the Fairy's Scroll and figures out that Ganon's touch is the coldest thing in the world. Using her dagger, Zelda makes the handprint come free from the floor and stores it into her pouch.
Once Zelda reaches the room where Link is imprisoned, she will notice that part of the crystal is shaped like Ganon's handprint. After she places the stone handprint over the raised mark of the crystal and proceeds to use the Magic Honey and the Magnifying Glass, the crystal will open up and free Link.
- "Zelda trudges up the stone staircase. After a long climb, she comes out at the very top of the spire. All Ruto is beneath her." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 44)
- "'That darknut was here for a reason,' she says. 'It was guarding something. What?'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 44)
- "Her eyes travel over the battlement and stop on a strange object set in the floor. [...] 'A handprint!' she says in surprise. 'Pressed into the stone. And that mark!' [...] 'That's Ganon's mark! It must be his handprint.' The she thinks of the riddle. 'What's colder than ice?' she says. 'Ganon's hand! His touch is the coldest thing in the world.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 44)
- "With the point of her dagger, Zelda carefully priest at the stones around it until the handprint comes free. She slips the print into her pouch." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 44)
- "'Oh!' she cries. 'Part of the crystal is shaped just like Ganon's handprint!' Zelda takes the stone handprint and places it over the raised mark on the crystal. They fit together perfectly." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 74)
- "'Heat!' Zelda cries. She takes the magnifying glass and holds it in the light above the honey. Under the heat of the magnified sunglight, the crystal begins to turn colors--first blue, then gold, then red. Bbrr-r-room! With a terrific crash, the crystal splits open!" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 75)