|Gustaf, Royal Spirit (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
Gustaf, Royal Spirit
|The spirit of an ancient king of Hyrule|
who wishes to secure peace in his land
from beyond the grave. He was very
fond of the people of the Wind Tribe.
Gustaf was an ancient king of Hyrule and a member of the Royal Family of Hyrule countless ages ago and the earliest known Hylian king in the history of Hyrule, ruling at some point in the early days of Kingdom of Hyrule's Force Era. He was very fond of the Wind Tribe, and even ages after his passing, he seeks to keep the peace of the kingdom of Hyrule secure from beyond the grave.
Many ages after his death, he appears to Link as a ghostly figure after Link retrieves the Water Element from the Temple of Droplets at Lake Hylia. He tells Link his identity as an ancient king and instructs the hero to stand before him, indicating that Link must enter the Royal Crypt where he rests.
When Link reaches Gustaf's tomb in the Royal Crypt, Gustaf gives him a gold Kinstone Piece and instructs him to use it at the Source of the Flow in order to proceed beyond the stone door at Veil Falls. This allows Link to reach the Cloud Tops where the Wind Tribe resides, allowing him to find the Wind Element that they protect.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ハイラル王グスタフ (Hairaru Ō Gusutafu)||Hyrule King Gusutafu|
|Italian||Re Gustav||King Gustav|
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 66
- "Gustaf, Royal Spirit" — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Hmph! Was that...just a dream? He said he was a king of Hyrule. Wait! Look at your map, Link. There's some kind of mark on it. Hm. I guess that means it wasn't a dream! We should head there once we've infused your sword with that element. To the elemental sanctuary!" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 270
- "The spirit of an ancient king of Hyrule who wishes to secure peace in his land from beyond the grave. He was very fond of the people of the Wind Tribe." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "... ... O young one... Child who seeks to aid the princess of Hyrule... My name is Gustaf... I was king of Hyrule, countless ages ago. Stand before me... Only then will the path open to you." — Gustaf (The Minish Cap)
- "... ... O young one... Child who seeks to rescue my descendant, Zelda... Welcome... My name is Gustaf . I was king of Hyrule countless ages ago..." — Gustaf (The Minish Cap)
- "I grant to you this Kinstone... Seek the source of the flow in Hyrule... Only then will your path open... Save Zelda... All of Hyrule is counting on you..." — Gustaf (The Minish Cap)
- "Hmm... Fascinating! An ancient king of Hyrule? How strange... And the source of the flow? What do you suppose that could mean?" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)