Guru-Guru is the Gorman Troupe's musician in Majora's Mask. Guru-Guru is seen at night in the Laundry Pool area of Clock Town playing his Phonograph since he has been kicked out of his room for practicing too loud. He is usually a happy person, and long ago was a member of an animal troupe. However, he was jealous of the dog being the leader of the troupe, who could always get any animal to follow his command. As such, Guru-Guru stole the dog's mask, called the Bremen Mask. He gives Link the mask as a reward for listening to his story and to get rid of his guilt.
He also appears during the day in the Stock Pot Inn in the room at the end of the hall.
Oracle of Seasons
Guru-Guru is located in the Eastern Suburbs in Oracle of Seasons. He can be found standing by his windmill playing his Phonograph, wanting to oil the windmill to make it go faster. Link can give him the Engine Grease in exchange for his Phonograph. This will make the windmill go faster.
His name is a Japanese onomatopoeia for "turning round and round, going around in circles," which also happens to be the Phonogram Man's favorite expression in Ocarina of Time.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The official musician for Gorman's traveling troupe. He's so talented, he can even compose songs right on the spot!" — Bombers' Notebook (Majora's Mask 3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 245 (MM) & 250 (OoS)
- "Guru-Guru / Musician in the Gorman Troupe" — Bombers' Notebook (Majora's Mask)
- "They said I was much too loud when I practiced in my room. They got mad. Sigh...Now I'm sad I'll just stay here all night and away from their pad." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "Dear guest...Long ago, I was in an animal troupe, with dogs and donkeys and such." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "Why was the dog the leader?!? Was it 'cause something was wrong with me, sir??? Oh, that dog was an amazing leader! He always had a stellar troupe no matter what animals he had to work with..." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "That's why I stole it... The dog's mask. I stole it." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "But I no longer need it... I give it to my guest." — Guru-Guru (Majora's Mask)
- "It seems Guru-Guru, the traveling musician, had the Bremen Mask..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- "Go around, go around! If I could just oil it, it would go around more quickly..." — Guru-Guru (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Engine Grease? Will that make it go quickly? Really? Take my Phonograph!" — Guru-Guru (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Go around, go around! Is it going too fast? " — Guru-Guru (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Go around! Go around and around and around! What fun! I'm so happy!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 245