Gummy is a sailor who lives on Windfall Island. During the day, Gummy can be seen standing on top of the walls near the Windfall Gate, gazing south. He claims that he can sense the direction of the wind. If Link speaks to him, Gummy makes a comment on the current direction of the wind, talking about an island in that direction. The comments depend on whether the wind is blowing to or from the west:
- West: Mother & Child Isles
- East: Dragon Roost Island
- Other: Gummy simply states that is no wind blowing to or from the west.
At night, Gummy can be found at Zunari's Auction at the Auction House. If Link speaks to him after the Auction is complete, he will tell Link that the trick to winning an Auction is to slowly raise the price by a few Rupees each time, then raise the price by a large amount of Rupees to surprise his competition.
|Gummy the Sailor (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Gummy the Sailor
|Birthplace: Windfall Island|
Favorite Spice: Pepper
No one knows where he gets his spending money from, but this nifty sailor spends night after night unwinding at the auction.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "No one knows where he gets his spending money from, but this nifty sailor spends night after night unwinding at the auction." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 258 (TWW)
- "Yup, we men of the sea are real sensitive when it comes to wind direction!" — Gummy (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh! There’s a fair wind blowing to the west! If you were to set sail and let this easterly wind take you where it would, you’d end up at place called the Mother & Child Isles." — Gummy (The Wind Waker)
- "Hmmm… It’s a westerly wind that’s blowing now. If you were to sail where this wind would take you, you’d end up on a straight shot for Dragon Roost Island." — Gummy (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh, there’s no fair wind blowing west right now" — Gummy (The Wind Waker)
- "The key to winning the auction is to be right in the thick of all the bidding. Be aggressive! It's the only way! For example, try upping the bid by more than just a few Rupees. You need pretty deep pockets, of course, but...If you play it right, your move may just be such a mental shock to the other bidders that they don't know what to do! If you manage to shock them, they won't be able to bid until they snap out of it. Then you can get things for cheaper than they would normally go! Neat trick, huh? What? You already knew all that? Well. ...I guess I underestimated you. Sorry." — Gummy (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 258