|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
Blacksmith's Wife (mother)
|Counterpart(s)||Flute Boy (ALttP)|
Gulley is trapped inside a Painting by Yuga shortly after Link battles Yuga in the Eastern Palace. Link meets the Blacksmith's Wife, Gulley's mother, south of Kakariko Village as she is looking for Gulley. Instead of finding Gulley, Link and the Blacksmith's Wife find a Pouch that Gulley had intended to give to Link as a gift.
After Yuga obtains the Triforce of Power, Gulley's Painting is hidden inside the Dark Palace. Link rescues Gulley after defeating Gemesaur King. Gulley is very young; he is aware of his powers as a Sage, but does not fully understand what it means to be one of the Seven Sages (he refers to the group of Sages repeatedly as "Sevensages").
Gulley's Japanese name, グリ (Guri), possibly derives from a transliteration of "green," which would be written as グリーン (Gurīn).
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Have you seen Gulley? I think he's playing around here somewhere. But I have the strangest feeling... like... oh, I don't know. Call it a mother's instinct." — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 356 (ALBW)
- "How long are you going to sleep, Link? Do I have to wake you up every morning? I have chores to do!" — Gulley (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Papa is steaming mad that you're late again." — Gulley (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I'm not scared! Why would I be? I'm a Sevensage! Um, did I say that right? Whatever it is though, it sounds like a big deal!" — Gulley (A Link Between Worlds)