Grog from Majora's Mask
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Counterpart(s)||Master Craftsman's Son (OoT)|
In Majora's Mask, Grog is the owner of the Cucco Shack in Romani Ranch. He loves his Cucco chicks, but when he hears the rumor that the Moon will crash into Termina in three days, he is filled with sorrow as he understands he will not see his chicks develop into roosters.
Link can help Grog fulfill his wish by parading around the Shack with the Bremen Mask and getting the Cucco chicks to follow him. Once all 10 of them are following Link, they will immediately begin to transform into full-grown Cuccos. Link in turn receives the Bunny Hood from Grog as thanks for helping him out, saying he does not have any more regrets and is completely satisfied.
In common day usage, grog is slang for an alcoholic drink, originally composed of rum and water, known for being a popular beverage among pirates. It could also be a play off of "groggy", as Grog is commonly found sleeping.
|Names in Other Regions|
|EnglishUK||Grog (MM | MM3D)|
|Japanese||ナデクロさん (Nadekuro-san) (MM | MM3D)||Reversed spelling of 碌でな (rokudena), meaning "good-for-nothing".|
さん (-san) is a polite honorific.
|German||Grog (MM | MM3D)|
- "Chicken handler for the Cucco Shack. His appearance may be intimidating, but he's a real softie who adores his little yellow wards." — Bombers' Notebook (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Grog" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 245(MM))
- "I heard it from my gramps. Says the moon's gonna fall... With somethin' that big, it's sure to take this ranch down with it... Hahhh... Oh, well. My only regret is that I won't get to see these guys in their prime as roosters." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
- "I don't really get it, but just seein' these guys with a crest and all... I don't have regrets about anythin' anymore. I'm perfectly satisfied. Here...You can have this from me..." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
- "They're all grown up now...How did you do that? Just seein' these guys with a crest and all... I don't have regrets about anythin' anymore. I'm pretty satisfied. Here...You can have this from me...Yeahhhh...These guys are all roosters. Heh, heh." — Grog (Majora's Mask 3D)