The Grim Creeper appears to be a humanoid with a skull for head, and a fondness for bats. Link encounters him midway through the Eagle's Tower Dungeon of Link's Awakening. After a short introduction, Grim Creeper proceeds to use a Flute to call six Battle Bats to attack Link. To defeat them, Link must kill the Keese before they leave the screen. If he misses any Keese, he has to try again. Any weapon will do, but the Sword is by far the easiest to use. Once all the Battle Bats are destroyed in one blow, Grim Creeper flees, but not before vowing revenge for his beloved bats. He lives up to his word in the final Boss battle in Eagle's Tower, where he sends away his remaining bats, and uses his Flute to summon Evil Eagle as a mount. Upon the defeat of the Evil Eagle, the Grim Creeper uses his last breath to warn that all, Link included, will be lost if the Wind Fish's wakes, as they're all in his dream.
The Grim Creeper's name is a reference to the Grim Reaper.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ピッコロ使い (Pikkoro Tukai)||Piccolo User|
|German||Grausamer Flöter||Gruesome Whistler|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 183 (LA)
- "Hey runt! You think you can take me?! All right boys, get this punk out of my face!" — Grim Creeper (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "You dirty rat! You k-k-k...beat my brothers! You'll pay!! I'll never forget you!" — Grim Creeper (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You lousy so-and-so! Those creeps were some of my best friends! You'll pay! I'll never forget you!" — Grim Creeper (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "BAH! I'm not going to hold back! I'm going to make you wish you were never born!!" — Grim Creeper (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "My energy... gone...I...lost! But you will be lost too, if the Wind Fish wakes! Same as me... You...are...in... his...dream..." — Grim Creeper (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)