We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Green Potion artwork from The Wind Waker
|Use(s)||Restore Magic Power|
|Comparable Item(s)||Stamina Potion|
The Green Potion is a recurring Potion in the The Legend of Zelda series, used to replenish Link's Magic Meter, first appearing in A Link to the Past. In all of its appearances, it completely fills the Magic Meter regardless of how much Magic is needed. It is generally less expensive than the Red and Blue Potions.
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Green Potions can be bought along with Red Potions and various other Bottle items at the Medicine Shop, which is found in Hyrule Castle Town when Link is a child and in Kakariko Village when Link is an adult. They cost 30 Rupees. They can also be bought from Business Scrubs in various Secret Grottos around Hyrule, along with Red Potions, for 40 Rupees each.
In Majora's Mask, Green Potions can be bought at the Trading Post in West Clock Town, and from Kotake at the Magic Hags' Potion Shop in the Southern Swamp. They cost 30 Rupees at the Trading Post, but only 10 at the Magic Hags' Potion Shop. They can also be bought from a Business Scrub in Zora Hall for 40 Rupees, but only while Link is in Zora form.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Green Potions can be bought for 10 Rupees at the Chu Jelly Juice Shop on Windfall Island, but are not available at first. Link must first supply Doc Bandam with 15 Green Chu Jellies. Afterward, Link can get a free Green Potion if he brings Doc Bandam five more Green Chu Jellies.
Although Green Potions does not appear in Twilight Princess, a Green Chu Jelly can be obtained from Green Chus in the Wii and HD versions. It has no effect when drunk. Green Chus only appear when a Blue and Yellow Chu merge in the Wii and HD versions of the game (they create a Purple Chu in the GameCube version), which can only occur in the Cave of Ordeals.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||緑のクスリ (Midori no Kusuri)||Green Potion|
|ChineseSI||绿药水 (Lǜ Yàoshuǐ)|
|FrenchCA||Potion verte (MM3D)||Green potion|
|FrenchEU||Potion Verte||Green Potion|
|German||Grünes Elixier||Green Elixir|
|Italian||Pozione Magica||Magic Potion|
|SpanishEU||Poción verde||Green Potion|
- "Red is the medicine of life. Green is the medicine of magic. Blue renews both life and magic." — Witch's Assistant (A Link to the Past)
- "This is the Medicine of Magic. You can recharge your mystic energy with it." — Witch's Assistant (A Link to the Past)
- "I'm selling Green Potions, but I'm focusing my marketing efforts on Zoras." — Business Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- "Sorry, but if you're not a Zora, I can't do business with you. It's a regulation of the Business Scrub Association." — Business Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- "Thanks for stopping by! I'm doing business with a focus on Zoras. That makes you a potential customer. [...] I'll sell you a Green Potion for 40 Rupees!" — Business Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- "Gasp! Is that...? Could it possibly be?!? Did you, by chance, bring me Chu Jelly?!? It's quite clever of you to be bringing such quality ingredients to me!" — Doc Bandam (The Wind Waker)
- "For every five glops of Chu Jelly you bring me, I'll give you one free potion. Come back after you collect more of that wonderful, gooey, potion-making stuff!" — Doc Bandam (The Wind Waker)