We would love to get your opinion on your experience with our site with a short survey. Take Survey
- For other items similar to Green Clothes, see Clothes (Disambiguation).
The Green Clothes,(ALttP | LA) also known as the Green Tunic,(ALBW) are the default type of clothing worn by Link throughout the majority of each of his adventures. Because of this, it has become a symbol of the hero who saved Hyrule from evil. Unlike the other types of clothes, it does not grant the young hero any abilities. In some games, such as Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, Link wears a chain mail underneath it to further protect himself.
Due to this garb transcending generations, the Green Clothes are known by different names, including Green Jerkin, Kokiri Tunic, Hero's Clothes, Recruit Uniform, Knight Uniform, and Hero's Tunic.
Types of Green Clothes
The Green Tunic is the default clothing worn by Link from the start of A Link Between Worlds. It is similar to the clothes that Gulley and both of his parents wear, and was in fact fashioned by Gulley's mother. This could imply that the set of clothes the blacksmiths wear in their trade is green in color and includes a long cap.
- Main article: Hero's Tunic
The Hero's Tunic is an Outfit available for purchase in Tri Force Heroes that looks identical to the Hero's Clothes from The Wind Waker. At the beginning of his adventure, Link meets Sir Combsly, commander of the Witch-Hunting Brigade of Hytopia, who supplies him with the Material needed to tailor the Hero's Tunic. Though it is optional up to a certain point in the adventure, the Hero's Tunic provides better protection than Link's default Outfit.
- Main article: Wild Set
The Green Clothes in Breath of the Wild appear as the Wild Set. It is comprised of the Tunic of the Wild, Trousers of the Wild and Cap of the Wild. This Set is a reward for completing all 120 Ancient Shrines. The Tunic retains the stitching from the original design of Link. These Green Clothes are unique in that they are not obtained near the beginning of Link's adventure.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Kokiri Tunic||Hero's Clothes||Recruit Uniform||Knight Uniform||Green Tunic|
|Japanese||いつもの服 (Itsumo no Fuku)||勇者の服 (Yūsha no Fuku)||見習い兵士の服 (Minarai Heishi no Fuku)||緑の服 (Midori no Fuku)|
|FrenchCA||Tunique Kokiri (OoT3D)||Habit d'apprenti soldat||Tunique verte|
|FrenchEU||Tunique Kokiri||Tenue du Héros||Habit d'apprenti soldat||Tenue des chevaliers||Tunique verte|
|German||Kokiri-Rüstung||Helden-Gewand||Rekrutenuniform||Gewand der Ritter||Grünes Gewand|
|Italian||Veste dei Kokiri||Tunica dell'Eroe||Uniforme da Recluta||Divisa della scuola d'armi||Tunica verde|
|SpanishEU||Túnica Kokiri||Ropas del héroe||Uniforme de aprendiz||Uniforme de los caballeros||Ropas verdes|
|SpanishLA||Sayo Kokiri (OoT3D)||Uniforme de aprendiz||Sayo verde|
Link wearing the Tunic of the Wild from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Hero's Clothes
- Hero's New Clothes
- Knight's Uniform
- Kokiri Tunic
- Goron Tunic
- Recruit Uniform
- Zora Tunic
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 126(ALttP | LA | ALBW)
- "Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you. Your name is [Link]. You are the hero chosen by the gods." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
- "On a certain island, it became customary to garb boys in green when they came of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspired to find heroic blades and cast down evil. The elders wished only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend..." — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "Clothing made by the blacksmith's wife. It's a perfect fit for you!" — Inventory (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Consider yourself enlisted. As a token of welcome, I will supply you with one firm handshake and one Hero's Tunic.
Here are the necessary materials. Take them to Madame Couture at once, and she'll make you the outfit!" — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- "What are you thinking, boy? You can't see the king without your Hero's Tunic!
I won't allow you to keep His Royal High-Tops waiting. Now hurry over to Madame's shop and make that outfit!" — Sir Combsly (Tri Force Heroes)
- "A tunic with no special abilities. May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce!" — Inventory (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Lose a Heart Container and take double damage. But if a true hero wears it..." — Inventory (Tri Force Heroes)