Great Bay is the western area of Termina in Majora's Mask. It is a large shore that makes home to the aquatic race of the Zoras, who live in the Zora Hall. Its hot weather, murky waters, and population of enemies now plague the Bay. The Great Bay is also home to the Gerudo Pirates, who live in their fortress.
Locations and Features
Great Bay Coast
- Main article: Great Bay Coast
The Great Bay Coast is the main part of the region. Found in the coast is the Fisherman's Hut as well as the Oceanside Spider House. The coast provides access to the other parts of the western region.
Marine Research Laboratory
- Main article: Marine Research Laboratory
The Marine Research Laboratory is located some meters from the coast. It is where various marine biology experiments are carried out. Link finds here the tank in which he should place the Zora Eggs stolen from singer Lulu by the Gerudo Pirates from the northern fortress.
- Main article: Fisherman's Hut
The Fisherman's Hut is where the Fisherman lives, where he used to practice fishing until the coast became unsafe. He has a Seahorse for sale. The Fisherman wants a Pictograph of a Gerudo Pirate, and will allow Link to take his Seahorse in exchange. He also offers to play a mini-game which involves jumping between platforms, where a Piece of Heart can be obtained.
Oceanside Spider House
- Main article: Oceanside Spider House
The Oceanside Spider House is a cursed, abandoned house east from the coast. It is full of Gold Skulltulas. A man seeking shelter appears here once all of the Skulltulas inside have been slain, and will give Link various awards depending on which Day he had cleared the house out.
- Main article: Pirates' Fortress
The Pirates' Fortress is the refuge of the dreaded Gerudo Pirates. Having an industrial appearance, it is a stronghold where the stolen Zora Eggs are held inside pools of water (although only four of the Eggs are actually kept here, since the Pirates lost the other three).
- Main article: Pinnacle Rock
- Main article: Zora Cape
Zora Cape is south from the coast. It is where a river ends its path towards the sea. It is full of rock elevations, and it is also where Link can find the rest of Great Bay's areas, including a Fairy Fountain.
- Main article: Zora Hall
Great Bay Temple
- Main article: Great Bay Temple
The Great Bay Temple is the only temple in Termina that is not located within a specific area. It is inaccessible to most people and is surrounded by a very powerful cyclone of water.
- Main article: Waterfall Rapids
Found east of Zora Cape, the Waterfall Rapids are accessed from behind the top of the river's waterfall. It is the home of two Beavers, who will race Link and, on the event of losing, will give away an empty Bottle (after two races) and a Piece of Heart (after four).
- "Lately, the seawater has gotten really warm. It hasn’t helped my fishing at all… And what’s worse, this water has gotten murky, so when I ship out, I always lose my way and somehow end up back at shore. We fishermen – and even the fish - are in a real predicament!" — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "Woah-oh! In Great Bay now somethin’ is a-hapennin’. Is it now?" — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! Baby, listen to me. I don’t want to beg. Gerudo Pirates! They stole that girl’s eggs" — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "Ah! Mikau! What are you doing in a place like this? This is the ominous Pirates’ Fortress. I don’t think you should get too close." — Zora (Majora's Mask)
- "Here in the depths of Pinnacle Rock live many dangerous sea snakes…" — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- "Hey, aren’t you Mikau? Were you able to get an empty bottle from the beavers on top of the waterfall? Those guys are quick, so it's pretty tough, isn't it?" — Zora (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Grande Baie||Great Bay|
|Italian||Grande Baia||Great Bay|
|Spanish||Gran Bahía||Great Bay|