- This article is about Link's grandmother. For other uses, see Grandmother (Disambiguation).
|Era||Era of the Great Sea|
|Family||Link (Grandson) |
Link's Grandma is Aryll and Link's grandmother. On Link's birthday, she presents him with the Hero's Clothes, a garment that commemorates the day that he turns the same age as the hero spoken of in the legends of old. Aryll is then kidnapped by the Helmaroc King, so Link returns to his house to retrieve the Hero's Shield hanging from the wall upstairs. His grandmother gives the Shield to him, overwhelmed and disheartened by the fact that Aryll has been kidnapped. Just as Link is departing from Outset Island, his grandmother can be seen standing in front of her house watching her grandson leave.
Once Link returns to Outset Island in search for Jabun, he finds out from Sue-Belle that his Grandma has been depressed ever since he left the island. Sue-Belle goes on to mention that she rarely leaves the house, spending her days sleeping and hardly eating as she continues to worry for her two grandchildren. Sturgeon then suggests Link that Fairy dust can be use to cure her.
By releasing a Fairy in front of her, she can recover from her illness. By curing Link's Grandma, he can obtain some Elixir Soup inside one of his Bottles. This homemade soup can restore all of Link's Hearts and Magic. It also doubles his attack power until receiving damage from an enemy. Each dose of soup can hold two helpings
If Link decides to cure his Grandma, he can later receive a letter from her asking for his safety and giving him all the Rupees she has saved up. Link's Grandma is last seen during the ending scene, waving good-bye as Link sets sail in search of new lands.
|Link's Grandma (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|Birthplace: Outset Island.|
This kind old woman works hard to raise her two grandchildren. She's a very talented cook - her special Elixir Soup is sure to raise anyone's spirit. She can be somewhat mischievous and enjoys playing the occasional prank on Link.
- "Your grandmother has been having a terrible time of it ever since you left. She rarely leaves the house, and as far as I can tell, she just spends her days sleeping. She hardly eats..." — Sue-Belle (The Wind Waker)
- "Link's Grandma" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 230)
- "Don't look so disappointed, dear one! Just try them on. Today is a day to celebrate! It is the day that you become the same age as the young hero spoken of in all the legends. You only have to wear them for one day, so don't look so down. Be proud, child!" — Link's Grandma (The Wind Waker)
- "Link... Is this what you're looking for? ...Take it with you. I guess it is true... Aryll really has been kidnapped... Hasn't she? What kind of monster could take such a sweet, young child? Oh, Aryll..." — Link's Grandma (The Wind Waker)
- "My granddaughter tells me that your grandmother is in poor health these days... Now, I'm certain that a little fairy dust would provide all the lift her spirits need, but... Well, the problem is, I haven't seen any fairies in these parts recently. Of course, long ago you could find a lot of them up by the old Fairy Fountain, and you could even capture them in empty bottles." — Sturgeon (The Wind Waker)
- "You and your sister love this soup, don't you? If you run out, I can make it for you any time you like. Grandma's going to try to be strong, so you try to be strong, too! But don't do anything reckless! All right?" — Link's Grandma (The Wind Waker)
- "How are you doing, Link? Do you have enough of Granny's soup? Where are you now? You may be closer than I suspect! Are you hungry? Are you keeping warm? You haven't injured yourself, have you? You always work so hard, Link. Do you have enough Rupees? Your grandma doesn't have a lot, but I'm sending you everything I've saved up. As long as I have you and Aryll, I don't need anything else. I just want the two of you to return home safely." — Link's Grandma (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Granny - Grandma of Link||Mémé - Grand'mère de Link|