Goselle is a resident of Skyloft. She lives with her son Rupin. Goselle is fond of antiques which she proudly displays in her home. She appears kind and happy when Link first talks to her. Yet if Link rolls into the walls and knocks down her antiques, she will become enraged, demanding compensation for her broken possessions. After Link pays her the amount of Rupees required, she calms down. She will also get angry with Link if he sits down on her couch, but calms down and says that it is okay if he sits there, so long as he does not make it dirty.
- Goselle demanding compensation for her broken antiques is similar to when Link breaks a vase in the Auction House in The Wind Waker, where Mila's Father will make Link pay.
Goselle's name is derived from gosling, a baby goose. It may also be a combination of gosling and the Italian name "Roselle".
Goselle's Japanese name, Otaka, likely comes from the Japanese word 御高い (Otakai), meaning "self-importance" or "haughty."
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Aiglantine||From "aigle" (eagle).|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Goselle from Hyrule Historia
- "Her name is Goselle, and she is a bit of a demanding lady." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 30 (SS)
- "HEY! Oh... I guess it's OK as long as you're going to just sit. But listen up! THAT is an expensive chair, and if you get it dirty... Well, I can't be held responsible for what happens." — Goselle (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 30 (SS)