Goron Village (Spirit Tracks)
Features and Overview
The village is home to the Goron Elder and Kagoron, the Mountain Goddess's messenger. The main area of the village consists of seven houses, including the Goron Country Store and the Goron Elder's house. To reach the Fire Sanctuary, Link must go through the Goron Elder's house, which has the entrance to the sanctuary at the back. To the west of the village is a path that leads to the Altar of the Mountain Goddess, where Kagoron is located. This path requires the extensive use of the Whip, which the young hero must use in order to cross the lava pits.
When Link first arrives in Goron Village, lava is erupting from the ground preventing entrance to the main area. Link is advised to visit Kagoron at the Altar of the Mountain Goddess. After Link speaks with Kagoron and tells him of his wishes to enter the Fire Sanctuary, Kagoron grants the young hero the freight car, which is what Link must use to retrieve Mega Ice from Wellspring Station in order to cool off the lava and allow the Gorons to enter the village. Once Link manages to bring enough Mega Ice to freeze the lava, he will then have the opportunity to speak with the Goron Elder, who grants Link passage to the trail leading to the Fire Sanctuary to meet with Embrose.
After finishing the Fire Temple, Link can purchase some Goron Iron for 100 Rupees forged by one of the Gorons. By taking at least five units of this iron to a man in Whittleton, Link will gain a Force Gem that reveals Spirit Tracks between the Forest and Snow Realms. An Anouki will also provide Link with a new Force Gem if taken to Goron Village, but only after Link takes a Goron to Anouki Village.
One Goron is still kept from entering his house due to lava, but if Link brings him Mega Ice, he will be rewarded with a third Force Gem. Lastly, after Link defeats Cragma, the boss of the Fire Temple, Kogoron reveals that he wants to meet the princess asks to be brought to a big city. Despite his initial disapproval, the Goron Elder thinks that a trip to Hyrule Castle Town will help his grandson fully appreciate their village. After driving Kogoron to Castle Town, the young hero gains yet another Force Gem.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゴロンの村 (Goron no Mura)||Goron Village|
|French||Village Goron||Goron Village|
The path leading to the Altar of the Mountain Goddess in Spirit Tracks
- "Goron Village" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 114)
- "Well, either way, you cannot get there, stranger! You see, the lava from the last eruption has destroyed the way into the village... If you have important business here, you must talk to Kagoron. Follow that road up, and you will find him. Kagoron is the mountain goddess's messenger. He is praying at her altar for a stop to the volcano's outbursts. But because of the eruptions, the path to the altar is very dangerous! Go with caution!" — Goron (Spirit Tracks)
- "You wish to hear about the Fire Sanctuary? Unfortunately, the way there is hidden to us. Only the elder would be able to tell you that secret." — Kagoron (Spirit Tracks)
- "I was thinking of giving a freight car to this child, and I need your help. [...] This is the favor I require of you, young stranger. Use the freight car to bring back something cold enough to cool the lava. Go talk to the merchants in the various villages. They may be able to help you." — Kagoron (Spirit Tracks)
- "So you are the human Kagoron spoke of. I am the elder of this village! Thank you for your help. Now you are like a Goron to us all. I have heard why you want to see me. You want the secret that has been entrusted only to the Goron elders, yes? Well, on this special occasion, I will allow you to pass." — Goron Elder (Spirit Tracks)
- "Our iron is 100 Rupees. Want to buy some?" — Goron (Spirit Tracks)
- "Goron-brand iron makes the world go around. It's heat resistant and super tough! If you have the money, you should buy some!" — Goron (Spirit Tracks)
- "Hey there, guy! I've just been chattin' with my rocky pal here. He's really been talkin' up Goron Village to me. Apparently, it's toasty all year round and the perfect place for takin' it easy! Personally, this Anouki could use a break from guard duty. Whaddaya say to givin' me a lift to Goron Village?" — Kofu (Spirit Tracks)
- "As soon as the path to the village was restored, everyone went home! Boo on them! You see, there is one place left that is blocked off! One very IMPORTANT place! Waaaaaaah! I want to go home too! Will you please bring more of the cold stuff?" — Goron (Spirit Tracks)
- "Hey, engineer fellow! Will you please take me to Castle Town? All you have to do is take me. The rest I will do all by myself!" — Kogoron (Spirit Tracks)
- "Did you happen to see my grandson out there? Lately he has been talking about how he would like to go to the city... He always was such an inquisitive boy. I am sure he would be fascinated by your train. Though other places can be nice, we Gorons know our village is paradise. But my grandson is still too young to understand that fully... Perhaps he must visit the city once to figure that out for himself..." — Goron Elder (Spirit Tracks)
|Stations in Spirit Tracks|
Click on a station