Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Not to be confused with Link, the Gorons who share the name of the Hero of Time.
Chosen Goron Hero
After traveling to Termina's northern mountains, Snowhead, Link discovers that the home of the Gorons has been plagued with an endless winter. While exploring the frozen, snow-covered Goron Village, he is confronted by a Goron ghost, who implores that the hero follow him. Using the Lens of Truth, Link is able to travel with the ghost as his guide to the hidden Goron Graveyard, where the ghost reveals his story. He is the spirit of Darmani III, a hero among Gorons, who gave his life in an attempt to break the curse on Snowhead Temple. He was unsuccessful and died after falling into an abyss. Darmani laments that he can no longer aid his people, though their suffering continues. Link plays the "Song of Healing" to heal the wounds of the sorrowful ghost. The song calms the Goron warrior's spirits, and he prepares to enter his eternal slumber. Link then receives the Goron Mask, which grants the wearer the powers of the fallen Goron warrior. As a final request, Darmani tasks Link to use the mask and free the Goron people from the curse of the Snowhead Temple. Wearing this mask enables Link to transform into Goron Link.
While in Goron form, Link gains many unique abilities which can be used to fight enemies, solve puzzles, or even to travel across Termina at a faster speed. Many of Goron Link's abilities are based on his physical prowess, though he also possesses a powerful magical ability.
The Goron Punch replaces Link's Sword as Goron Link's main attack. Pressing the B-Button will cause Goron Link to deliver a powerful punch, and continued pressing will result in Goron Link executing an uppercut followed by a full-body blow.
By pressing the A-Button to curl, Goron Link can then perform a Goron Pound by pressing the B-button. This will cause Goron Link to jump in the air and slam back to the ground with incredible force. This attack can activate hardened switches, stun enemies, and break heavy objects.
By curling into a ball by tapping the A-Button and tilting the control stick, Goron Link will then go into a roll. If Link continues rolling long enough without encountering an obstacle or leaving the ground, spikes will appear around his body and enable him to roll even faster. This attribute helps in clearing long gaps and retaining better traction on icy terrain. Goron Link's spiked roll can also destroy or damage many enemies and objects. However, this powerful ability also quickly drains Magic Power, and will cease to operate if Link's Magic Meter is completely emptied.
Goron Link has the unique ability to carry Powder Kegs, which are so large that he can only carry one at a time. These massive explosives are so dangerous that he must first pass a test to even be allowed to carry them.
Despite his many strengths and abilities, Goron Link has a major weakness: he cannot swim. Falling into a body of water will cause Goron Link to sink before reemerging back onto ground.
The Goron Drums are necessary in two instances. They are used to calm the screaming Goron Elder's Son by playing the lullaby intro. The young Goron will then stop crying and teach Link the rest of the "Goron Lullaby." The sound of the Drums will calm the Elder's son, and he will fall asleep. The full "Goron Lullaby" is required to sleep Biggoron. The song will cause Biggoron to doze off and fall into the abyss, clearing the way to Snowhead Temple. The massive Goron will, however, return once Goht has been defeated, albeit in a very confused state.
- Goron Link's Goron Pound and punch are equivalent, in function, to the Megaton Hammer.
- Goron Link cannot be harmed by ReDeads or Gibdos.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Link Goron (MM3D)||Goron Link|
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 187 (MM)
- ".........Can it be? Are you able to see me? If you truly can see me, then follow behind me..." — Darmani's ghost (Majora's Mask)
- "Then the blizzard at Snowhead blew me into the valley. ...And now...Here I am..." — Darmani's ghost (Majora's Mask)
- "As I am, I can only watch as Goron Village is slowly buried in ice...I may have died, but I cannot rest." — Darmani's ghost (Majora's Mask)
- "For the Goron Village... I have asked your assistance..." — Darmani's ghost (Majora's Mask)
- "The powerful punch that Goron heroes unleash by pressing (B) is feared by all. By repeatedly pressing (B), Goron heroes will deal out a barrage of punches." — Darmani's tombstone (Majora's Mask)
- "I'll open the door with a Goron Pound." — Goron guarding the door to the Goron Village (Majora's Mask)
- "After using (A) to curl up, a Goron can jump with (B) and land with quaking impact that is so mighty it can flatten enemies." — Darmani's tombstone (Majora's Mask)
- "At slippery places like this, you can curl up as a Goron and roll your way across! Why don't you try it?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Goron Powder Keg Shop. New customers will be tested on proper usage. The Shopkeeper" — Sign outside of the Powder Keg Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "Water is disastrous for Goron heroes, for they sink like stones and are rendered motionless in the deep. Beware." — Darmani's tombstone (Majora's Mask)
- "That song...That's the song daddy always plays for me before I go to sleep..." — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "What's that? There's something in the middle of that blizzard... Can't you see it?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Darmani! What in the world have I been doing this whole time? [...] What am I doing sitting in a place like this???" — Biggoron (Majora's Mask)