Goron Elder's Son
|Goron Elder's Son|
Goron Elder (father)
The Goron Elder's Son lives in the Goron Village and can be found crying inside the Goron Shrine. He wails so loudly that he extinguishes the torches outside of his room. The Gorons inside the shrine hold their heads to try and muffle the shrill, sharp sound of his crying. He is crying because his father, the Goron Elder, has gone out and has not come back.
When Link unfreezes the Goron Elder, he teaches him the intro to the "Goron Lullaby," called the "Lullaby Intro." To learn the rest, Link must play the intro in front of his son, who will sing the rest of the notes. After Link learns the full song, the Goron Elder's Son will become calm and fall asleep, as will several of the surrounding Gorons.
After Link defeats Goht in the Snowhead Temple, the Goron Elder's Son will be waiting for him outside the Goron Racetrack. If talked to, he will begin to cry, as the entrance to the racetrack is blocked by a boulder. Link can open the entrance by blowing up the boulder with a Powder Keg as Goron Link. After that, the elder's son will root for Link in the Goron Races.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||長老の息子 (Chourou no Musuko)||Elder's Son|
- The Goron Elder's Son is referred to as the Baby Goron in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books. However, as this contradicts the name given in Encyclopedia, it is not considered Canon.
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 197 (MM)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books pg. 41
- "To think that his crying can put out a torch... That's the Goron Elder's son for you." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "...Hyunh, hunh... Ahh, Darmi, where's my daddy? Where's my daddy?" — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "It's no good! I can remember only the beginning!" — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "That song...That's the song daddy always plays for me before I go to sleep... I'll sing the next part." — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "Aha! So the Gorons fall asleep if they hear the Goron's Lullaby! That's convenient..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "But this rock is in he way, so I can't get in to see the race... And spring's just started, too... I was so excited...but there's nothing I can do... I hate it! I hate it! I wanna see it! I wanna see it! I wanna see the race!" — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "If you can destroy the boulder that blocks the entrance to the Goron Racetrack near here using the Powder Keg I'm about to give you, then I'll approve you to carry them." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Way to go, Darmi! That was cooool!" — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "You have to! I want to show everyone how Darmi races!" — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "...You're just a little stiff because winter was so long. You're not really like this. Remember how good you really are, then enter the races again." — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)