In Majora's Mask, the Goron Elder is an aged Goron who acts as the tribal patriarch of the Gorons in Goron Village and is the father of the Goron Elder's Son. The Goron Elder had left the village and became frozen, resulting in his son crying loudly. On a quest to calm the child down, Link finds the ancient Goron Elder frozen at the Twin Islands. Link, as Goron Link, can free him by using Hot Spring Water, but the Elder refuses to acknowledge him, thinking he is an illusion of Darmani III. However, when he is told his son misses him, he teaches Link the "Goron Lullaby" introduction and implores him to soothe his son to sleep. Even when unfrozen, the Goron Elder will freeze again if left to stand in the cold.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, a Goron Elder is patriarch of the Gorons in Rolling Ridge who becomes trapped beneath some fallen rocks in the past. The other Gorons tried to break away the rocks, but even with their strength, they could not break it. They require the use of a Bomb Flower, which had not been seen in years. In the present, the Great Moblin built his fortress on the western peak of Rolling Ridge and kept all Bomb Flowers for himself. Once Link defeats the Great Moblin, the Gorons have their Bomb Flowers returned to them. As thanks, Link is rewarded with a Bomb Flower which he takes into the past to free the Goron Elder, who admits that he was not in any trouble at all. After the incident, the Goron Elder can be found at the Goron Shooting Gallery.
In a Linked Game of Oracle of Seasons, a Goron claiming to be one of the Goron Elder's descendants appears within Goron Mountain. Apparently, the Goron Elder had traveled from Labrynna to Holodrum and settled in the mountains there. The Goron holds the Elder's diary, and would have liked to have asked him the meaning of a secret found within. Link can bring this password to the Goron Elder, who, having only thought of it later on in the future, will thank Link for telling him this new secret. After testing his skills in the Goron Shooting Gallery, the Goron Elder gives Link the Biggoron's Sword as thanks for teaching him the secret.
In Spirit Tracks, a Goron Elder appears in the Goron Village of the Fire Realm, where he lives with his grandson. Like Kagoron, the Elder has a strikingly ashy appearance compared to the other Gorons living in the village.
Upon meeting him, Princess Zelda is quite intimidated, and tries to encourage Link to make a good first impression. After teh Goron Child informs his grandfather about Link's Mega Ice quest necessary to qualm the fire geysers in the village, the Elder immediately warms up to Link. In return, he steps aside so Link can use his house as a passage to the Fire Sanctuary.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ロウゴロン (Rōgoron) (ST)|
|FrenchEU||Ancètre Goron (MM3D)||Goron Ancestor|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "I hope Gramps is OK... He is the oldest Goron in our whole village! Everyone calls him the Goron Elder." — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "Whoa! He's frozen solid! Wow! He's one ancient Goron, isn't he?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "The Elder is buried alive! But Gorons alone can't dig him out! If we had the legendary Bomb Flower, we could blast the rocks away..." — Goron (Oracle of Ages)
- "The Elder certainly is imposing, isn't he? If we want him to help us, you'd better make a good impression!" — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 197 (MM)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 254 (OoA) & 289 (ST)
- "This time, I, the protector of this tribe for so many years, choose to yield the seat of tribal patriarch to a younger one." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "...What? My son is crying because he misses me??" — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! You're Darmani!!! But you're supposed to be dead! Am I hallucinating? Maybe this is also the doing of Snowhead's magic power... Hmmph... I've been made a fool of! But...that's impossible. I refuse to flinch. If I can see past the illusion, you'll vanish in an instant! No matter how long you follow me, it's not going to do you any good." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "My son misses me... Ulp! Forgive me, my child! Your father has work to do! Darmani... Be you a ghost or a figment of my imagination, I no longer care. If you feel pity for my crying son... then please quietly sing my son to sleep with this song I am about to play on my drum." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "I'll just teach you the beginning..." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "The chosen one, Darmani... is you! There could be no other! ...What do you think? If it's you, everyone would happily accept you as the patriarch." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "It's terrible! The Goron Elder has been buried alive under some rocks! What do we do?" — Goron (Oracle of Ages)
- "Ever since that big pig--the Great Moblin-- came, we haven't been able to grow the Gorons' famed Bomb Flowers." — Goron (Oracle of Ages)
- "Huh? What's wrong, brothers? Were you worried about me? Ah ha ha ha ha! A rock that size can't hurt me! Ah ha ha ha ha!" — Goron Elder (Oracle of Ages)
- "That's a great one! From now on, that secret will live in the hearts of all Gorons!" — Goron Elder (Oracle of Ages)
- "In thanks, I'll give you the great Biggoron's Sword! However!!! I must test you to see if you can use this sword, OK?" — Goron Elder (Oracle of Ages)
- "This boy fixed the path to the village, Gramps! That is how I could make it back home!" — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "Hoo! So you are the human Kagoron spoke of. I am the elder of this village! Thank you for your help. Now you are like a Goron to us all. I have heard why you want to see me. You want the secret that has been entrusted only to the Goron elders, yes? Well, on this special occasion, I will allow you to pass." — Goron Elder (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 287 (ST)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 244