Picking Bomb Flowers
The Goron's Bracelet is an item in Ocarina of Time. It is functionally similar to the Power Bracelets from other titles in The Legend of Zelda series in that they both boost Link's potential to lift heavy objects. However, the Goron's Bracelet is significantly more limited, only aiding in picking Bomb Flowers and uprooting Bushes.
Location and Uses
Due to the infestation of Dodongos in Dodongo's Cavern as well as the sudden appearance of a large boulder obstructing the entrance to it, Darunia, the Gorons' leader, decides to seal himself in his room to wait for the Royal Family's messenger. When Link unseals the room by playing "Zelda's Lullaby," Darunia becomes further enraged that the Royal Family would send an unimpressive emissary in their stead, and refuses to speak to the young hero. The only means of calming him is to play "Saria's Song," and afterwards, he resolves to work with Link, granting him the Goron's Bracelet so that he may pick Bomb Flowers on the condition that if the hero clears Dodongo's Cavern and replenishes their food source, he will grant him the Goron's Ruby.
When obtained, the Goron's Bracelet is worn on Link's left wrist, allowing him to pick up and carry Bomb Flowers, consequently allowing him to destroy the boulder obstructing Dodongo's Cavern and proceed to defeat King Dodongo. The Goron's Bracelet is crucial for Link's adventure until he obtains a Bomb Bag and is no longer dependent upon Bomb Flowers. After Link obtains the Master Sword and ages into an adult, he no longer wears the Goron's Bracelet. However, if Link reverts back to his child form once more, he will once again wear it. The Goron's Bracelet is functionally replaced by the Silver Gauntlets, which allow Link to lift much heavier objects as an adult.
- It is implied that adult Link does not need the power of the Goron Bracelet to lift grass and Bomb Flowers since he does not wear the bracelet as an adult. However, when using glitches or cheats to skip collecting the bracelet, adult Link will have the same strength as child Link does.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゴロンのうでわ (Goron no Udewa)||Goron's Bracelet|
|ChineseSI||鼓隆手环 (Gǔlóng Shǒuhuán)||Goron Bracelet|
|FrenchCA||Bracelet Goron (OoT3D)|
|Italian||Bracciale dei goron|
|SpanishLA||Brazalete de los Goron (OoT3D)|
The Goron's Bracelet Badge from Hyrule Warriors
- "Big Brother has shut himself up in his room saying, "I will wait in here for the Royal Family's messenger!"" — Goron (Ocarina of Time)
- "What the heck! Who are you?! When I heard the song of the Royal Family, I expected their messenger had arrived, but...you're just a little kid! Has Darunia, the big boss of the Gorons, really lost so much status to be treated like this by his Sworn Brother, the King? Now, I'm REALLY angry! Get out of my face, now! Are you asking why I'm in such a bad mood right now? Ancient creatures have infested the Dodongo's Cavern! We've had a poor harvest of our special crop, Bomb Flowers! Starvation and hunger because of the rock shortage! But... This is a Goron problem! We don't need any help from strangers!" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
- "Heeey!! What a nice tune! Just like that, my depression is all gone! Something just came over me! I suddenly wanted to dance like crazy!" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
- "What? You want the Spiritual Stone of Fire, too? The Spiritual Stone of Fire, also known as the Goron's Ruby, is our race's hidden treasure.... But hold on—I'm not going to give it to you that easily. If you want it so badly... Why don't you go destroy the monsters inside of the Dodongo's Cavern and prove you're a real man? That way, everybody will be happy again! If you do it, I will give you anything you want, even the Spiritual Stone! I have something for you. I'm not really giving you this in return for anything, but take it anyway. If you wear this, even a little fella like you can pick a Bomb Flower using (A)." — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
- "A lesser known fact about the Goron Bracelet is that even as an Adult, the bracelet is still required to lift bushes objects and push large blocks." — Strength Upgrades and Saria's Song, Zelda Speed Runs, retrieved August 10, 2015.