Gor Amoto from Twilight Princess
Gor Amoto is the first Goron elder found in the Goron Mines. He is physically very small and feeble-looking and uses a cane. He has vents on his back and head which can be seen releasing smoke and gases. He can be found on the west side of the first level of the mines, and gives Link the first piece of the shattered Big Key.
- The algae growing on Gor Amoto's back spouts may be a reference to the theory of Abiogenesis, in which life is thought to have originally been sustained on Earth. This could be an allusion to Shigeru Miyamoto's influence in the conception of several Nintendo series and titles, whom Gor Amoto is named after. Hyrule Historia states that the smoke was inspired by the practice of moxibustion.
Gor Amoto's name is a reference to the creator of The Legend of Zelda series, Shigeru Miyamoto. Similarly, Gor Amoto's Japanese name is Don Shīgeru.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ドン・シーゲル (Don Shīgeru)|
- "He is easygoing and short, and he carries a device to help you on your way." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 14)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 277 (TP)
- "Incredibly ancient, Gor Amoto appears to you only briefly. Shaky, and emitting steam from his head and back, he is the fourth most powerful elder in Goron society." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 14)
- "Smoke coming out (like during moxibustion)" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 189)