Gondo is the local craftsman of Skyloft, descending from a family whose business involved in repairing broken equipment, or upgrading various equipment at the Scrap Shop in the Skyloft Bazaar. Link may visit him to Upgrade some of his items for a price.
However, his family has also been known for owning an Ancient Robot named Scrapper. As Gondo explains, Scrapper was used by his grandfather to go down to The Surface, and bring back items or supplies for the village. Unfortunately, the Robot fell into decay, eventually becoming nonfunctional. Gondo, despite his mother Greba's complaints, spends his day tinkering with the Robot so that it can become functional again.
After obtaining the Goddess's Harp, Link is instructed to talk to Gondo about the Robot, so that he can use it to find and bring back the Windmill Propeller from The Surface. Upon doing so, Gondo at first thinks that Link is going to mock him for his story about the Ancient Robot, but eventually reveals to the hero that his grandfather told him that the sap from a Ancient Flower could make the Ancient Robot operational. If Link reveals that he has an Ancient Flower, Gondo will quickly use it on Scrapper, making the Ancient Robot functional once again. However, Scrapper refuses to serve Link. Fortunately, upon seeing and becoming infatuated with Fi, the Ancient Robot agrees to serve Link and Fi.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Gondo from Hyrule Historia
- "His name is Gondo, and he is a big-hearted craftsman." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The Scrap Shop keeper's mother Greba final version" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 30)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 26 (SS)
- "Well, I'm happy to hear that someone else believes me, but I don't think I can help you. You see, my grandpa's old robot... What's it called again... Oh, hey, that's right... I remember! His name is Scrapper. He may not be much to look at these days... But he was an amazing robot once! When you called him, he would go anywhere and haul anything! Sadly, as you can see now... he's just another busted ol' hunk of junk..." — Gondo (Skyward Sword)
- "...Huh? It's about this old robot my grandpa used to tinker around with? ... You probably just came here to make fun of the crazy junk guy for believing in his grandpa's stupid stories, right? Well, get in line... I've heard it before. Wait... That's not why you're here? You say you need to pick up something from below the clouds with this robot? Do you know what that means?! That means... you believe in my grandpa's stories too, don't you?!" — Gondo (Skyward Sword)
- "But old Gramps did tell me this: you can get him working again with the extract from an Ancient Flower. It's like oil to this guy. But I've never even heard of, much less seen, any such thing!" — Gondo (Skyward Sword)
- "Who are you?! ZRRPT-FOOOSH! Your name is...Fi? Dzzt! Should I call you Mistress Fi? Are you looking for something, Mistress Fi? I... I understand, vrrt! At your request, I will carry anything, regardless of weight or destination... whizzt! Master Shortpants! I offer assistance! I can now detect Mistress Fi's thought waves, vrrt! Should you need me, ask Mistress Fi to call me, and I will arrive with haste, bzzat!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 26 (SS)