Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Golo is one of the few Gorons encountered in Skyward Sword. He is an assistant to the archaeologist Gorko and is researching the legend of the three dragons: Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru.
Golo has an oddly sculpted head and carries a pickaxe used for mining. Link first meets him in the Lanayru Caves while searching for Nayru's Flame after completing Nayru's Silent Realm. Golo is found researching the legend of the three dragons and says that one the three dragons is said to live nearby his location. When Link tells Golo that he is looking for one of the Sacred Flames which is found somewhere in the region, the Goron bursts with excitement and explains that he has heard about a Sacred Flame in ancient scrolls being hidden somewhere in the Lanayru Sand Sea. Golo gives Link the key to door that takes Link to the dock that borders the Sand Sea. If Link sits down on the chair next to Golo, the Goron will ask Link if he is interested in excavating. He asks Link to invest 10 Rupees in his dig so that he can continue excavating at his research dig. If Link agrees to donate 10 Rupees, he will be rewarded by Golo much later in the game.
While on his quest to find the Thunder Dragon Lanayru in order to learn one of the four parts of the Song of the Hero, Link will encounter Golo again. Golo will report that his excavating dig was a huge success and that he had excavated a ton of Timeshift Stones. With all the Timeshift Stones, the Goron could pay back ten times the amount Link gave him for a total of 100 Rupees.
- Golo can cause a game breaking glitch if Link performs a certain sequence of events while visiting the dragons for their parts of the "Song of the Hero." If Lanayru's song part is not collected last, talking to Golo a second time after obtaining the Thunder Dragon's part will lock the game into thinking that Link has already collected Faron and Eldin's parts. A Save Data Update Channel was later released in the Wii Shop Channel to fix the glitch.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "He is an assistant to the archaeologist Gorko, and he is also a member of the Goron race--a being made of living stone." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I almost never get visitors! My name is Golo, and I am researching the legend of the three dragons, one of which is said to live here!" — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "You are looking for a sacred flame? That sounds like something I have heard of before, but maybe not... Sweet goro, I remember now! I read something about it in ancient scrolls that spoke of the Lanayru Sand Sea. I do not remember all the details, but you can get to Lanayru Sand Sea if you just go straight through here." — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "If you want to get to the Lanayru Sand Sea, you are going to need this key!" — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "So...you would not happen to be interested in excavating, would you? You are?! Well then, you are going to love this! The thing is, these research digs can get really expensive... But they can also be lucrative! Any interest in investing 10 Rupees in my dig?" — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, I almost forgot, Link! Do you remember that excavation project you invested in? Well, we hit the jackpot! I found a large cache of Timeshift Stones. I can pay you back tenfold now!" — Golo (Skyward Sword)