- This article refers to the location in which the Triforce rests. For the website, see The Sacred Realm.
|Sacred Realm||A Link to the Past|
The Sacred Realm, also known as the Golden Land, is a holy world connected to the land of Hyrule, said to be the resting place of the Triforce. The three Golden Goddesses, once they finished the creation of the land of Hyrule and its inhabitants, left behind a symbol of their strength, the Triforce, before departing for the heavens. The land where they left behind the golden power was said to be the Sacred Realm. The realm is said to be of twilight golden skies rather than the blue of Hyrule.
The Golden Goddesses left the omnipotent Triforce under the protection of the Goddess Hylia. During the Era of Chaos, the Temple of Light, located at the center of the Sacred Realm, became the resting place of the Triforce, and was isolated from Hyrule, with the Temple of Time being the only entrance.
The Sacred Realm would serve as a mirror to reflect the heart of any who would enter it and come to claim the Triforce as their own. If that person's heart was pure, the realm would become a paradise. However, if that person's heart was wicked, the Sacred Realm would become a world of evil. It is thought that if another would challenge and defeat the one who shattered the Triforce, the Sacred Realm would return to its former beauty.
- 1 Historical Appearances
- 1.1 The Era of Chaos and the Era of Prosperity
- 1.2 Ocarina of Time
- 1.3 A Link to the Past
- 1.4 A Link Between Worlds
- 1.5 Twilight Princess
- 2 The Temple of Light
- 3 The Temple of Time
- 4 The Dark World
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Nomenclature
- 7 References
The Sacred Realm makes several appearances throughout the series and is mentioned by multiple characters in stories and legends. By in-game appearances, it is first seen in A Link to the Past as the Golden Land of the Triforce, which was corrupted into the foreboding Dark World by Ganon. This story of the Sacred Realm is later expanded upon in Ocarina of Time, which explains that the realm had been created by the three Golden Goddesses shortly after Hyrule's creation and serves as the resting place of the Triforce. The evil Gerudo King of Thieves Ganondorf seeks to enter this mystical plane and take the Triforce for himself, and succeeds with the unwitting assistance of Link and Princess Zelda. As a result, the legend speaking of the Sacred Realm comes true when Ganondorf touches the Triforce and shatters it, resulting in the Sacred Realm's transformation into the Dark World and Ganondorf's transformation into a Demon King. At the end of Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf is sealed within the void of the Evil Realm by the Seven Sages. The Sacred Realm then makes another appearance in the story of Twilight Princess, which speaks of how the ancestors of the Twili, the Dark Interlopers, attempted to break into the Sacred Realm and claim the Triforce for themselves, sparking a civil war that resulted in much bloodshed over lust for the Triforce's power as well as the banishment of the Dark Interlopers to the Twilight Realm, where they evolved into the Twili race.
The Era of Chaos and the Era of Prosperity
Many years after the events of Skyward Sword, there was an era of chaos with wars and fighting over the Triforce that was located in the Sacred Realm. To put an end to these wars, an ancient sage, Rauru, built over the remains of the Sealed Temple a new Temple of Time, which contained the only entrance to the Sacred Realm. Using the Master Sword and the three Spiritual Stones as keys to the Sacred Realm, this new temple was the sanctified gateway between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm, and its purpose was to protect that gateway, and thus the Triforce, from evildoers who would seek to misuse it. Inside the Temple of Time is a chamber that is home to the Master Sword and the Pedestal of Time; however, the entrance to this chamber is sealed by the Door of Time. When the Master Sword was infused into the Pedestal of Time, it sealed that gateway in the hopes of preventing all but the most worthy to reach the Sacred Realm, where the sacred Triforce lies within the Temple of Light.
Ocarina of Time
The Sacred Realm makes its next appearance (and first under that name) in Ocarina of Time, which takes place many centuries prior to A Link to the Past. The game begins at a time when the Sacred Realm has never been successfully opened and the only known gateway to it resides in the Temple of Time. The game also shows the origins of Ganondorf, the thief spoken of in the backstory of A Link to the Past, where he is depicted fittingly as the leader of a band of thieves, the Gerudo, residing in the desert of Hyrule, namely Gerudo Valley. Ganondorf somehow learns of the legends of the magical Triforce and lusts for its power. He travels to the land of Hyrule in search of a way into the Sacred Realm so he can steal the Triforce.
The Sacred Realm is first seen in the tale of Hyrule's creation told by the Great Deku Tree to the game's hero, Link, where it is shown as a magical place that serves as the home of the legendary Triforce and has not been visited by any in living memory since the departure of the Goddesses back to the heavens. The Triforce is shown to be shining down upon the Sacred Realm from above in this story as well as a later one told by Princess Zelda to Link, awaiting the time when one worthy of its power would come to claim it from its hiding place.
The Sacred Realm is first seen and mentioned within the game by the Great Deku Tree, who after being relieved of a debilitating curse by Link sees fit to give the young Hero information about his coming quest to stop the evil Gerudo King Ganondorf and relates to him the story of Hyrule's creation as well as the creation of the Sacred Realm. In his story, the Sacred Realm is shown to be a serene place that serves primarily as the home of the Triforce, with the magical relic shining down upon the realm from above.
The Deku Tree explains that after the three Golden Goddesses (Din, Nayru, and Farore) breathed their essences into the world of Hyrule, they also created a parallel dimension to Hyrule that was the very place from which they departed the world to return to the heavens. The Goddesses also chose to leave a symbol of their power at that same location. Three golden sacred triangles were left there, joined to form one single larger triangle, each representing the three forces of power, wisdom, and courage. This golden relic came to be known as the Triforce, a relic that came to be the basis of Hyrule's providence. And the lands that served as the home of the Triforce came to be known as the Sacred Realm.
The Legend of the Triforce
Princess Zelda is the next to speak of the Sacred Realm within the game, relating to Link the story of the Triforce. She states that the Golden Goddesses left the Triforce in the Sacred Realm at the time of Hyrule's creation and that the ancient relic possesses the power to grant the wish of one who holds the Triforce in his or her hands. A similar image to the one shown by the Deku Tree of the Triforce within the Sacred Realm is shown, revealing the Triforce to be the primary point of interest within the Sacred Realm. Zelda states also that the only known entrance to the Sacred Realm from the world of Hyrule is the Temple of Time, an ancient structure located very close to Hyrule Castle Town's marketplace. She states that in order to open the gateway between the two worlds, one would need the three Spiritual Stones kept by Hyrule's various races as well as the Royal Family's sacred treasure, the Ocarina of Time. When one who possesses the three stones stands with the Ocarina of Time and plays the mystical Song of Time within the Temple of Time, the gateway between the two worlds could then be opened, yielding access to the Sacred Realm.
Transformation into the Evil Realm
The seal between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm is finally broken when Link gains possession of the three Spiritual Stones and the Ocarina of Time from Hyrule's differing races and Princess Zelda. He journeys to the Temple of Time to protect the Triforce from Ganondorf and uses the collection of objects to open the Door of Time, the mighty stone barrier separating the two worlds. Beyond the Door of Time rests the Pedestal of Time and the mythical Master Sword, the lock and key to the portal between the worlds. Link removes the sword from its pedestal, opening the portal between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm but is put into suspended animation because he was too young to properly wield the Master Sword at the time. Ganondorf is then shown entering the Sacred Realm through the portal Link opened and is later revealed by the Sage of Light Rauru to have obtained the Triforce from the Temple of Light at the heart of the Sacred Realm, causing his power to radiate from the temples of Hyrule and to transform the Sacred Realm into a corrupt world, with only the Temple of Light itself remaining free of his evil power. Link never visits the areas of the Sacred Realm surrounding the Temple of Light within the game, instead being warped to the Chamber of Sages at the temple's heart each time he succeeds in awakening one of the Seven Sages.
A Mirror That Reflects What is in the Heart
Toward the end of the game, Princess Zelda reveals a final, previously unknown legend of the Triforce that explains what happened to the Sacred Realm after Ganondorf's invasion of it. According to legend, the resting place of the Sacred Triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart of one who enters it and touches the Triforce with a wish in their heart. If that one's heart is pure, the realm will be defined by the purity of his or her heart, transforming the Sacred Realm into a paradise. However, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into its three components, leaving only the part representing the force that one most believes in and transforming the Sacred Realm into a world of evil that is reflected into the heart of the evil one that shattered the Triforce. Only when this evil person is utterly defeated can the Sacred Realm then be restored to its former glory.
The Seal of the Seven Sages
In the conclusion of Ocarina of Time, the Seven Sages, with the assistance of the Hero of Time, are able to throw Ganondorf back into the Sacred Realm-turned-Evil Realm and seal the portal to prevent Ganondorf from further destroying the land of Hyrule. Using the power of the Master Sword, Link is able to stun the Dark Beast Ganon (with the assistance of Princess Zelda) long enough to buy the Sages the time they needed to bind him and throw him back into the void of the Evil Realm before creating their seal. As he drifts away into the void of the realm, Ganondorf screams that as long as the Triforce of Power is in his hand, he will be able to return one day from the Evil Realm and exterminate the descendants of those who defeated him. This is supposedly the seal Ganon was attempting to break in A Link to the Past, as it prevented him from being able to return to Hyrule. The game ends with the Triforce separated between its three pre-destined holders (Ganondorf, Princess Zelda, and Link), and the Sacred Realm transformed into a world of evil that now serves as Ganondorf's prison.
A Link to the Past
The Sacred Realm is first mentioned in the opening story of A Link to the Past, where it is depicted as the mythical "Golden Land" where the wish-granting Triforce is said to reside. It is said to have been a beautiful realm where the sky shined gold rather than blue. This magical realm was said to be home to the Temple of Light, where the Triforce would shine down upon the Golden Land from above, beckoning to the outside world for one to come in search of it.
The Imprisoning War and the Spoiling of the Golden Land
During the Downfall Timeline, Link, the Hero of Time, despite his best efforts, is defeated by Ganondorf in the final battle. Ganondorf obtained the remaining Triforce pieces from Link and Zelda, and was subsequently sealed within the corrupted Sacred Realm by the seven Sages. Obtaining the true power of the complete Triforce, he is transformed into the Demon King Ganon. In a desperate last resort, the Seven Sages seal Ganon along with the complete Triforce away in the Sacred Realm, which was already transformed into the Dark World, as a reflection of Ganondorf's evil heart. Hyrule enjoys a brief period of peace, but as rumors spread of the Golden Power lying in the Sacred Realm, many greedy people traveled to the Sacred Realm seeking it, but never to return. Within the Dark World, they were transformed into monsters by the power of the Triforce and became a part of Ganon's army. From here, he launched an invasion of Hyrule that was repelled by the Knights of Hyrule and the Seven Wise Men. The wise men then sealed the gateway to the Golden Land that Ganondorf had discovered, locking him away within the now-tainted Sacred Realm in a conflict that came to be known as the Imprisoning War.
Restoration of the Golden Land
The Golden Land remained corrupted under Ganon's rule for many generations as he built up his army in what was now known as the Dark World. Eventually he enacts a scheme to break the seal between the worlds and free himself from the Dark World. A new Hero rises to stop this plot, and the Hero, Link, is drawn into the Dark World (formerly the Golden Land) by the Dark Wizard Agahnim, who was serving as a vessel for Ganon's soul in the Light World. Upon his first visit to the Dark World, he discovers that Ganon has used the Triforce to place a curse over the realm that transforms any not possessing a magical gem known as the Moon Pearl into a shape reflecting what is in their heart. Link scours this Evil Realm and frees the descendants of the Seven Wise Men, the Seven Maidens, from Ganon's monsters all across the realm. Finally, he faces Ganon at the heart of the Dark World, the Pyramid of Power, and utterly defeats him with the power of the Master Sword. Link is then introduced to the Essence of the Triforce, the magical entity that animates the ancient relic. The Essence of the Triforce explains that the Dark World was formerly the Golden Land where the Triforce had resided since ancient times, before Ganon found his way into the realm by accident and laid claim to the Triforce, causing the realm's transformation into the Dark World. It goes on to explain that the Triforce will now await a new master, and that the Dark World will vanish entirely upon the new master's wish before going on to instruct Link to touch the Triforce with a wish in his heart. Link touches the Triforce and wishes all of Ganon's evil to be undone, which returns peace and prosperity to the land of Hyrule and restores the Golden Land to its former self.
A Link Between Worlds
The Sacred Realm makes a brief appearance at the end of A Link Between Worlds. Only a tiny portion of the realm (a small outdoor path studded with columns, which may in fact be a part of the Temple of Light) is shown. From this tiny area, it can be seen that the sky is blue, despite its restoration in A Link to the Past, which should have turned the skies golden. Several floating structures can also be seen, which coincides with artwork in the former game.
It is also established at this time that Lorule has its own version of the Sacred Realm. In a parallel version of the area shown in Hyrule's, there exists a large, cracked tablet that serves to link the two worlds. Princess Hilda utilizes this tablet, along with Ravio's Bracelet, to send Link and Zelda back to Hyrule. This tablet is destroyed once Lorule's Triforce is restored. What this means for the connection between the two worlds is not known.
In yet another appearance, the Sacred Realm features into a story told in Twilight Princess by the Light Spirit Lanayru. When Link comes to the Lanayru Province in search of the final fragment of the Fused Shadow and light has been restored to the Lanayru Province, the Light Spirit relates to Link the story of the Dark Interlopers, the ancestors of the Twili.
The Story of the Interlopers
In this story, Lanayru shows Link images of the creation of Hyrule by the Golden Goddesses as well as the Sacred Realm itself, speaking of its beauty and how the Triforce came into being. The goddesses descended upon the then chaotic world and granted peace and life to the world, and once they granted equal power to all the living beings, they returned to a land in the heavens that came to be known as the Sacred Realm. For ages, the people lived content in mind and body, but soon word of the Sacred Realm spread across the world, along with that of the wish-granting Triforce it contained. Tales spoke of how the Triforce could make mortal dreams come true and would grant the wishes of whoever held it as long as they lived. Lust for the Triforce's power caused much bloodshed amongst Hyrule's people until finally a group of powerful sorcerers, the Dark Interlopers, attempted to seize control of the Sacred Realm and take the Triforce for their own (by means of a mighty weapon that was of their own design, the Fused Shadow), sparking a civil war that raged across Hyrule. As this war dragged on, the four Light Spirits intervened at the behest of the Golden Goddesses, chasing the Dark Interlopers across Hyrule and into the twilight, locking them away in the Twilight Realm and shattering the Fused Shadow into four fragments that were separated henceforth to prevent the weapon's misuse. As time would go on, the Interlopers would grow into a gentler race in the form of the Twili. Lanayru finished his tale by warning Link that those who do not know the dangers of wielding power will soon be ruled by it instead.
The Temple of Light
- Main article: Temple of Light
The Temple of Light is a mighty temple located at the center of the Sacred Realm, that became the resting place of the Triforce during the Era of Chaos. The Temple of Light remained the only place within the realm that was not corrupted by Ganondorf's evil influence according to Rauru. Rauru's personal history remains shrouded in mystery, and it is unknown how he came to reside in the Sacred Realm or when, but he is depicted as the guardian of the Temple of Light and is depicted to be ancient in age. After obtaining the Triforce, Ganondorf's power radiated from the temples of Hyrule and allowed him to transform Hyrule into a world of shadows while the Sacred Realm was reflected into his evil heart and became a world of evil monsters and dark skies. To date, the only confirmed locale visited within the Temple of Light is the Chamber of Sages, where the Sages gather to meet in council.
The Temple of Time
- Main article: Temple of Time
The Temple of Time is an ancient structure located in the Kingdom of Hyrule, and is best known for being the sanctified gateway between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. Constructed by the ancient Sage Rauru during the Era of Chaos, the temple contains the only, sealed entrance to the Sacred Realm, where the Triforce is located. The Master Sword, embedded in the Pedestal of Time, serves as the key and lock respectively that can open the portal between the worlds. The sword can only be drawn by one pure of heart that can claim the mantle of "Hero of Time". The Chamber of the Master Sword is in turn protected by a mighty magical barrier known as the Door of Time, which can only be opened by one possessing the three Spiritual Stones (the Kokiri's Emerald, the Goron's Ruby, and the Zora's Sapphire) and the magical instrument known as the Ocarina of Time (as well as knowledge of a mysterious song known only as the Song of Time). Taken together, this set of items would open the Door of Time and yield access to the Chamber of the Master Sword, and by extension the Sacred Realm itself.
The Dark World
- Main article: Dark World
The Sacred Realm has only ever been toured in gameplay in A Link to the Past, but in this form it appears as the corrupt Dark World ruled by the demonic Ganon. The Dark World was previously the Sacred Realm that was home to the Triforce before Ganon's incursion into the realm and the subsequent theft of the Triforce, resulting in the transformation of the realm and the creation of the Dark World. In this form, the Sacred Realm appeared as a twisted, distorted copy of Hyrule that was meant to serve Ganon's wish to be the ruler of the world. It was filled with evil creatures, and the spirits of the realm and any who ventured into the realm henceforth suffered as they were transformed by the Triforce's magic into a shape reflecting what was in their heart, leaving them to pray for the day when a Hero would come to challenge Ganon and take back the Golden Power, the Triforce. The Dark World was plagued by dark skies and the very air was as poisonous fumes. As a mirror to Hyrule, the Dark World featured several similar locales to its Light World counterparts, though they were typically inverted to reflect the darkness of the world in which they were found. For example, Kakariko Village of the Light World (Hyrule) was replaced in the Dark World (the Sacred Realm) by the Village of Outcasts. And replacing the Tower of Hera of the Light World high atop the Dark World's version of Death Mountain sat Ganon's stronghold, Ganon's Tower. The Dark World eventually vanished after Link utterly defeated Ganon and took back the Triforce at the conclusion of A Link to the Past, restoring the Sacred Realm to its former beauty, as it was before Ganon ever entered it.
- In the Japanese text of Twilight Princess, the land of Hyrule is referred to by Lanayru as the Sacred Realm.
- According to A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time the Triforce was placed in the Sacred Realm after the Golden Goddesses finished creating the land of Hyrule. Skyward Sword and Hyrule Historia do not elaborate on its location, mentioning only that the golden power was left in the care of Hylia.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||聖地 (Seichi)||Sacred Land|
|FrenchCA||Royaume sacré (OoT3D)|
|FrenchEU|| Saint Royaume (OoT | OoT3D)
Terre sacrée (TP)
Terre d'Or (ALttP)
| Holy Kingdom|
|German|| Goldene Land (ALttP)
Heiligen Reich (OoT | OoT3D)
heilige Stätten (TP)
| Golden Land|
|Italian|| Terra d'Oro (ALttP&FS)
Terra sacra (OoT3D)
terre sacre (TP)
| Golden Land|
|Spanish|| Tierra Dorada (ALttP)
Reino Sagrado (OoT | OoT3D)
Región Sagrada (TP)
| Golden Land|
- "Seeking the three Spiritual Stones necessary to open the gateway to the Sacred Realm, he carried out his plots in secret, in every corner of the land." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 84 (OoT))
- "It was only by the magic of seven sages that Hyrule was saved the wizard's wrath. The seven then sealed Ganon within the Golden Land, which in time became known as the Dark World." (Ocarina of Time Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo), pg. 6)
- "This evil man ceaselessly uses his vile, sorcerous powers in his search for the Sacred Realm that is connected to Hyrule..." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "Long ago, in the beautiful kingdom of Hyrule surrounded by mountains and forests... legends told of an omnipotent and omniscient Golden Power that resided in a hidden land. Many people aggressively sought to enter the hidden Golden Land..." — Introduction (A Link to the Past)
- "After the gods had finished their work, they left the world, but not before creating a symbol of their strength, a golden triangle known as the Triforce." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 3)
- "The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of our world's providence. And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "In a realm beyond sight,
The sky shines gold, not blue.
There, the Triforce's might
Makes mortal dreams come true." — A verse from the Book of Mudora (in the English release) (A Link to the Past)
- "Upon leaving the world, the goddesses left behind the Triforce: three golden triangles. [...] The golden goddesses departed from the world they created and left the Triforce in care of the goddess Hylia." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 70)
- "The Triforce was placed in the Temple of Light, located in the Sacred Realm, which was now isolated from Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
- "The Temple of Light, situated in the very center of the Sacred Realm, is the last stronghold against Ganondorf's evil forces." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart...the heart of one who enters it..." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
- "If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
- "But now, you have totally destroyed Ganon. His Dark World will vanish." — Essence of the Triforce (A Link to the Past)
- "The place where you now stand was the Golden Land, but evil power turned it into the Dark World." — Sahasrahla (A Link to the Past)
- "The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. [...] And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "Seven years ago, Ganondorf, the King of Thieves, used the door you opened in the Temple of Time and entered the Sacred Realm. But when he laid his hands on the Triforce, the legend came true." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Sacred Realm is a mirror that reflects the hearts of those who set foot in it. An evil heart will turn the realm into a living hell. A pure heart will transform it into paradise. Using the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf became the Demon King. The Sacred Realm was distorted into a nightmarish world where demons ran amuck." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 87)
- "Ancient Creators of Hyrule! Now, open the sealed door and send the Evil Incarnation of Darkness into the void of the Evil Realm!!" — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Rauru, the Sage of Light, constructed the Temple of Time, which contained the only existing entrance to the Sacred Realm, where the Triforce was located." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
- "Temple of Time: The only entrance to the Sacred Realm's Temple of Light, the Temple of Time shares the same name as the temple in the Lanayru Desert of the Era of the Goddess Hylia. It is thought that Rauru built the Temple of Time directly over the ruins of the Sealed Temple." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
- "The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "Ages ago, we ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm..." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "So, the ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the Triforce from evil ones." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "A wicked man of the desert cast this dreadful curse upon me... This evil man ceaselessly uses his vile, sorcerous powers in his search for the Sacred Realm that is connected to Hyrule." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "Thou must never suffer that man, with his evil heart, to enter the Sacred Realm of legend...That evil man who cast the death curse upon me and sapped my power..." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of our world's providence." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "The power to grant the wish of the one who holds the Triforce in his hands." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones. And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend... The Ocarina of Time!" — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "At least I could leave you the Ocarina and this melody... This song opens the Door of Time..." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "Play this melody in front of the altar in the Temple of Time. You must protect the Triforce!" — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Master Sword--the evil-destroying sword that you pulled out of the Pedestal of Time--was the final key to the Sacred Realm." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "However, you were too young to be the Hero of Time... Therefore, your spirit was sealed here for seven years." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "As I thought, you held the keys to the Door of Time!You have led me to the gates of the Sacred Realm...Yes, I owe it all to you, kid!" — Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time)
- "Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves, used it to enter this forbidden Sacred Realm! He obtained the Triforce from the Temple of Light, and with its power, he became the King of Evil... His evil power radiated from the temples of Hyrule, and in seven short years, it transformed Hyrule into a world of monsters. My power now has only little influence, even in this Sacred Realm..." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "And the other, who holds the Triforce of Wisdom...is the seventh Sage, who is destined to be the leader of them all... It is I, the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "But, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into three parts: Power, Wisdom and Courage. Only one part will remain for the one who touched the Triforce...the part representing the force that one most believes in." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm using my power to hold the Evil King! You use your sword and deliver the final blow!" — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "Someday... When this seal is broken.... That is when I will exterminate your descendants!! As long as the Triforce of Power is in my hand...." — Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time)
- "From its hiding place in the so-called Golden Land where the gods placed it, the Triforce beckoned people from the outside world to seek it in the hope that someone worthy of these titles would find it." (A Link to the Past manual)
- "The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart... the heart of one who enters it... If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "[...]Ganon's evil army swarmed from the tainted Golden Land into Hyrule and attacked the castle. The wise men and the Knights Of Hyrule combined forces to wage war on this evil horde." (A Link to the Past manual)
- "However, their lives were not lost in vain, for they bought precious time for the Seven Wise Men to magically seal Ganon in the Golden Land." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 6)
- "I'm sure he's intending to conquer even our Light World after building his power here." — One of the Seven Maidens (A Link to the Past)
- "He is trying to open a larger gate between worlds near the castle using our powers." — One of the Seven Maidens (A Link to the Past)
- "Ganon was building up his power here so he could conquer the Light World and make his wish come completely true." — Essence of the Triforce (A Link to the Past)
- "The Golden Power is what changed your shape to reflect what is in your heart and mind. But if you have a ball called the Moon Pearl, you can keep your original shape here." — ALttP
- "You must also rescue the seven maidens who Agahnim sent to the Dark World. As members of the blood-line of the Seven Wise Men, they have power that will surely help you. The maidens are locked in hidden dungeons full of evil creatures and dangerous traps." — Saharsahla (A Link to the Past)
- "Ganon's wish was to conquer the world. That wish changed the Golden Land to the Dark World." — Essence of the Triforce (A Link to the Past)
- "The Triforce is waiting for a new owner. Its Golden Power is in your hands... Now, touch it with a wish in your heart." — Essence of the Triforce (A Link to the Past)
- "How rare it is to visit our sacred realm!" — Zelda (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Welcome to Lorule's sacred realm." — Hilda (A Link Between Worlds)
- "When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world. They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, and then returned to the heavens. The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "For ages, the people lived at ease, content in mind and body... But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "Those who do not know the danger of wielding power will, before long, be ruled by it." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "This is the Chamber of Sages, inside the Temple of Light..." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "So, the ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the Triforce from evil ones." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
- "Only one worthy of the title of "Hero of Time" can pull it from the Pedestal of Time..." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Ye who owns 3 Spiritual Stones / Stand with the Ocarina of Time / And play the Song of Time" — Inscription in the Temple of Time (Ocarina of Time)
- "But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "But at length, a rivalry ensued over Hyrule, the holy land." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess — Japanese version)
- "Long, long ago, the people of the world were filled with piety, and the land knew many years of peace. Before long, however, conflict began to arise in the sacred realm called Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 113)