Golden Keys are recurring items in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
Golden Keys are required to enter Vaati's Palace. They can be obtained from Great Fairies when completing a Stage with a minimum of 3,000 Rupees after defeating Vaati for the first time.
Captain N: The Game Master
The Golden Key is an item in the "Quest for the Potion of Power" episode of Captain N: The Game Master. Found inside the Parapa Palace, the Golden Key is initially encased in glass along with a parchment when Link, Princess Zelda, and Kevin arrive. When Link shatters the glass with his Sword to obtain the Key and the parchment, Horsehead appears in the room and reveals to be the guardian of the Golden Key. Kevin helps Link defeat Horsehead, allowing them to read the parchment and find out that the Golden Key is used to unlock the Golden Door in the Island Palace.
Once Link, Princess Zelda, and Kevin reach the Golden Door in the Island Palace, Link uses the Golden Key on the door to open it, which reveals the chamber where the Potion of Power is located.
| Names in Other Regions
||金のカギ (Kin no Kagi)
||Clé d'or (FSAE)
||Llave de oro (FSAE)
All three Golden Keys from Four Swords
The Golden Key from Captain N: The Game Master
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Collecting this many Rupees is an incredible feat! I dub you... brave heroes and grant you each a Golden Key." — Great Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "If all of you collect the three Golden Keys of the Great Fairies of Forest, Ice, and Flame, the path to Vaati's Palace shall open." — Great Fairy (Four Swords)
- ↑ "Who dares to steal my Golden Key?" — Horsehead (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for the Potion of Power )
- ↑ "The Golden Key to the Golden Door leads across to the island shore." — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for the Potion of Power )
- ↑ "See? I found it. The Golden Door." — Link (Captain N: The Game Master, Episode Quest for the Potion of Power )