Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
The Golden Gauntlets are located in the Shadow Barrier room of Ganon's Castle. They are considerably stronger than the Silver Gauntlets, able to lift things that were previously impossible, such as giant, black stone pillars. One of these pillars obstructs the door to the Light Barrier room, forcing Link to use them to clear the path.
A second pillar appears outside of Ganon's Castle, in the region formerly housing the Great Fairy of Magic on the path to Hyrule Castle. When removed, the entrance to a Great Fairy's Fountain will be revealed, housing the Great Fairy of Courage. When summoned, she provides him with Enhanced Defense, halving all damage taken.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||金のグローブ (Kin no Gurōbu) (OoT)||Golden Gloves|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 125 (OoT)
- "You found the Golden Gauntlets! You can feel even more power coursing through your arms! Grab with (A) and lift stuff up!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Courage! I'm going to enhance your defensive power. Receive it now!" — Great Fairy of Courage (Ocarina of Time)
- "Your defensive power has been enhanced! Damage inflicted by enemies will be reduced by half." — Great Fairy of Courage (Ocarina of Time)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 148