Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Special Characteristic(s)||Locating people and places|
Very little is known about the Goddess Butterfly, other than it is able to locate paths to anywhere or anyone it is asked to. It is a blue butterfly that emits a blue aura as it flies. Agitha states that it is not of a poisonous genus.
A Goddess Butterfly appears in "Land of Twilight", under the ownership of Agitha. After Lana saves the girl from a group of Bulblins, Agitha offers to help find the Gate of Souls with the use of her Goddess Butterfly to guide the Hyrulean Forces through the Twilight Realm. The Hyrulean Forces follow the butterfly until they are confronted by Midna who seizes the butterfly, believing it to be poisoning her troops. When she learns otherwise that the butterfly can guide to anywhere it is asked, Midna decides to use the butterfly to locate Cia, who had cursed Midna into an imp prior. The seizure of the butterfly forces the Hyrulean Forces to fight Midna's Forces. After Lana defeats her, Midna relinquishes the butterfly back to Agitha, and joins the Hyrulean Forces after learning they are not with Cia. Later in "The Shadow King", the same Goddess Butterfly leads the Hyrulean Forces to the palace's Fairy Fountain, after Argorok returns the third time to attack the Allied Base. The butterfly's guidance brings the Forces' attention to a Magic Circle there, which summons the Great Fairy.
Goddess Butterflies also appear on certain battle squares on the Adventure Mode map as an obstacle. Some squares will have their enemies hidden and cannot be played until a Goddess's Harp Item Card is used on the butterfly swarm. Playing the harp on them makes a Gossip Stone appear, revealing the battle's enemies.
- The Goddess Butterflies are nearly identical to the Blessed Butterflies of Skyward Sword. Both are blue butterflies that gather where secrets are hidden, which may be revealed by playing the Goddess Harp near them.
- According to Agitha, the Goddess Butterfly she owns is a female.
- "This is a Goddess Butterfly. Ask it kindly and it will take you anywhere you want to go. Isn't that nice?" — Agitha (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Actually, that butterfly you see now is not of a poisonous genus, I can assure you!" — Agitha (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Gate of Souls...? Never seen one. But I can take you right to where you want to go! [...] With the help of this Goddess Butterfly, of course! It will guide us through the Twilight Realm." — Agitha (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Why? So it can fly around and spread poison on my forces?" — Midna (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Hey! Butterfly! Take me to that ugly witch!" — Midna (Hyrule Warriors)
- "She's the one! I'm cursed to look like this because of HER!" — Midna (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Fine, take the butterfly, but... Wait. You're not with the witch?" — Midna (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Li'l Butterfly has something to say! Yes? Hmm... She wants to lead us somewhere!" — Agitha (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Let's follow the butterfly to the building in the southeast! Trust it knows something!" — Lana (Hyrule Warriors)