These are known glitches which are possible to perform in Tri Force Heroes. Please read the Glitch Disclaimer Notes before attempting any of the glitches on this page.
Multiplayer Doppels Glitch
- Effect: Control the other players as Doppels.
- Prerequisites: Have the Water Rod while playing online.
- How To: If a player uses the Water Rod above the Triforce Gateway and one person disconnects, the spout will still go down and the host player will still be sent to the next Stage, but the other two players will act like Doppels. These inactive players can be switched between, and the Totem mechanics will behave the same, however the host player will not be able to pause or switch back to themselves. Getting a game over corrects the glitch.
- Effect: Allows Link to reach higher areas.
- Prerequisites: Swim in any body of water or lava (Goron Garb).
- How To: If Link swims up next to a ledge where he would normally jump out of the water, the player can flick the Circle Pad very quickly toward the ledge, so that he is put into a state of "ready to jump", but has not actually performed the jump. The game will then store that jumping animation and effectively use it somewhere else; even at walls or higher ledges where Link would not normally jump out of the water. If Link is damaged by an enemy or presses A to swim faster before he uses the animation, it is lost, and the player has to perform the glitch again. This glitch was popularized in The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds and was carried over due to the games sharing the same engine. Using this glitch can sometimes allow Link to jump through solid areas, such as the bridge before Hytopia Castle.
- Effect: Shutter is shown in photos.
- Prerequisites: Get the Camera from the Photo Bro, and be in the Drablands.
- How To: Seemingly occurs at random; needs more research. Might be caused by taking a photo quickly after taking a first one, since the previous shutter then does not have enough time to close before the second photo is made.
- Effect: Link retains full running momentum when dashing off of a ledge.
- Prerequisites: Find any ledge that Link can walk or run off of, with at least 3 tiles of ground space before the ledge.
- How To: Stand approximately 3 to 3.5 tiles away from the ledge, using the back of Link's shadow as a guide for the distance. Face toward the ledge and hold L or R to begin dashing, while also holding the Circle Pad in the opposite direction. If done correctly, Link will begin to slide as though canceling the dash in the brief moment before falling off the ledge. Release the Circle Pad at this point and Link will glide much further than usual, instead of dropping straight off the ledge. This can be used to cross certain gaps that would normally require items or teamwork to cross, to glide twice as far while holding a Cucco, or to briefly slide on water.
No Flip Zone
- Effect: Link will not flip the fence grate, but will be flipped by someone else.
- Prerequisites: Be in the third area in the Water Temple.
- How To: At the start, form a Totem with someone and use the Gripshot on the grate. Nothing will happen, but if someone else grips the grate, Link and the grate will spin.
Grate Flip Clip
- Effect: Link will fall out of bounds after flipping the fence grate.
- Prerequisites: Be in the third area in the Water Temple.
- How To: At the start, place a water column beside the fence grate. Link then stands on the column and prepares to use the Gripshot diagonally toward the fence grate. Position Link so that the Gripshot will attach to the small inside edge of the grate, then fire. When the grate flips, Link will clip inside the fence and be able to drop into the water, still inside the fence. If Link then swims along the fence toward a wall, he'll be able to swim outside the boundaries of the stage.
Communication Icon Spam
- Effect: Rapidly express Communication Icons at impossible speeds.
- Prerequisites: Be playing online in any stage except the Coliseum.
- How To: There are two methods to performing this glitch; the first will only work at times when an online game can be paused. Hold the Communication Icon that you want to "spam", then release it and press Start to pause within the span of several frames, or about one tenth of a second. Be warned that attempting this glitch repeatedly may pose a risk of accidentally quitting the game in progress. The second method can be done at any time, but only when controlling Blue Link, or by another Link when Blue Link is onscreen and also displaying a Communication Icon. Like the first method, hold the Icon that you want to spam, then with the same timing, release it and quickly press and hold any Icon situated to the left of and/or above the released Icon. The upper-leftmost Communication Icon (usually "Over Here!" or "Let's Go!") cannot be spammed with this method.
Rupee Count Glitch
- Effect: Display the wrong amount of Rupees.
- Prerequisites: Have nearly or exactly 99,999 Rupees.
- How To: At the completion of any level, the number of Rupees collected in that level are added to Link's total Rupees. If this total exceeds 99,999 then only the first five digits of the new amount will be shown onscreen.
Light Source Glitches
- Effect: Light sources exhibit strange behavior.
- Prerequisites: N/A
- How To: Ordinarily, the player sees a small amount of light emanating from the Link that they control. If the player presses X to take a photo with the Camera or presses the HOME button on the Nintendo 3DS while the 3D display is enabled, the resulting screenshot will show Link's light source several tiles to the right of Link, but only on the right eye's display, causing a mild clash in the 3D image. Additionally, a fireball thrown with the Fire Gloves will act as notable light source, but if any more fireballs are thrown, the light from the first fireball will freeze in place and will not move again until there's only one fireball remaining.
- ↑ Blargensnorf, Triforce Heroes online glitch, YouTube (Video), published October 24, 2015, retrieved November 1, 2015.
- ↑ Animation Storage, Zeldaspeedruns.com (info page).
- ↑ AurumDude, Guys, I broke Triforce Heroes, Youtube (video), published October 24, 2015, retrieved November 1, 2015.
- ↑ lowinterestrates, Tri Force Heroes - Dash Slide/Dash Cancel Momentum, YouTube, published May 12, 2016, retrieved March 2, 2018.